In The News – Pittsfield 4th July Parade Fund Raising Ramps Up

Earlier this year, the committee announced the return of the drum and bugle corps competition, after a decade-long absence, at Wahconah Park for 7 p.m., July 3, the day before the parade. David Hobart, director of the Long Island Sunrisers Drum & Bugle Corps, is working with the committee to coordinate the competition featuring four […]

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/2016/05/in-the-news-pittsfield-4th-july-parade-fund-raising-ramps-up/

If i recall the Pittsfield 4th of July parade had lots of big name junior corps throughtt the years ,hopefully they will still have them plus the all age corps from the Pittsfieeld contest .

I think most of the DCI corps now do Wakefield or Bristol...sad because Pittsfield loves their drum corps. Biggest problem is Wahconah Park, baseball stadium TERRIBLE for drum corps, dirt parking lot that turns into a marsh if it rains, but pretty much the only venue in town. There used to be a big DCI show there every summer, one year they tried to move it and the weather was so bad the show actually got rained out, and IIRC it poured buckets-the corps didn't even do standstill exhibitions. I heard the parade organizing committee (show sponsors who used it as one of their major fund raisers) lost their shirts on it and that was the end of the annual DCI shows.