Three sentence per corps Kingston review.

Since I'm currently between gigs and technically a "civilian" until next weekend, I figured I'd do this.

Each corps gets three lines.

Could be good...could be bad...could be ugly...

Flame all ya want if ya want, cause I don't care! :D

I say what I see!!! B)

Cabs - If you can find a way to contain and execute that 200 mile-per-hour drill, you will be the 2003 champions....and if you can't, you won't. The pit was much better than in previous viewings. Brass was very good...probably the best I've heard you all year.

Empire Statesmen - Much, much, much better than my last viewing (Endicott). Brass sounded a lot bigger than they were (I counted 43, but may have missed some....someone correct me if I'm wrong). PLEASE do something about the rattling chrome flagpoles......very distracting (unless it was just in my head......anyone else hear it?).

Bucs - Best drumline in DCA and my pick for the percussion title in Scranton. The "contra heavy" hornline bugged me a little earlier in the season, but I'm liking it more now. Very clean, but not as much apparent "room for improvment" as some of the others....could be a good thing or a bad thing.

Bush - Very cool show and the drill is flying. Keep pounding it at rehearsals and you should reel in a few of the corps currently ahead of you. Remember the little things (example...bringing the horns up together, second time I noticed this) because when everyone is clean, it'll come down to those little things.

Crusaders - No review. Had to go get the kiddies raincoats from the car. My apologies.

Grenadiers - Good presentation of a tough musical book. Drumline is good for the most part, but lotsa dirt from the snares, particularly in your most exposed moments. Small hornline holds up pretty well against the large drumline.

Hurricanes - No review. Figured that with a total of 10 corps, there would be an intermission so I could get my kids some ice cream. There wasn't, and although I held out as long as I could, they just wore me down......sorry.

Skyliners - No review. Still a little too close to home. If you want to know what I thought you can IM or e-mail me........and good luck in Scranton.

That concludes my first and only review of the season.

Have a swell day!!!

Seems to me that you arrrr biased,oh wait.Soorey. :P :ph34r:

Your obvious bias toward your kids made you skip reviewing two corps?! My God, what's wrong with you?!