1970's/1980's Recordings

Brought this up a few times but.....

How can one get a copy of recordings of their corps from the above era? I know DCI has the Ken Kobold collection and probably others. I would like, before I leave this Earth, to once again hear my corps shows for old times sake. Royal Coachmen 1971-76, Renegades (NY) 1982 and Rochester Patriots 1985 - 88.  Anyone?

Thanks!

Keith,

Reach out to the DCI office directly and ask for Ken Mason's contact information. He curates that collection, I believe. Steve Vickers at Drum Corps World may also know how to reach Ken.

Good luck.

Edited by ironlips
clarity

20 minutes ago, ironlips said:

Keith,

Reach out to the DCI office directly and ask for Ken Mason's contact information. He curates that collection, I believe. Steve Vickers at Drum Corps World may also know how to reach Ken.

Good luck.

7 hours ago, Keith Hall said:

Brought this up a few times but.....

How can one get a copy of recordings of their corps from the above era? I know DCI has the Ken Kobold collection and probably others. I would like, before I leave this Earth, to once again hear my corps shows for old times sake. Royal Coachmen 1971-76, Renegades (NY) 1982 and Rochester Patriots 1985 - 88.  Anyone?

Thanks!

Yes, Ken has the Kobold collection, and I think he has remastered a lot of it. I think licensing costs are keeping DCI from ever releasing any of it to the public though.  Ken Mason also remastered the Wateska/Richmond stuff, and I think you could find Royal Coachmen on the Drum Corps World list of recordings being sold…check out the DCW website.