Will all age get to compete at prelims? Also, this can work without raising tour fees too much by having DCA corps do more regional shows I.e gone aires doing shows in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan, and Illinois

Hi there! This is the semi-official DCP profile of the Govenaires DBC. I'm on staff, but not part of any executive leadership, so this may be subject to change. Here's my two cents:

• The current understanding is that DCI All-Age Prelims will take place early Friday at Lucas Oil Stadium, followed by Finals early Saturday at Lucas Oil Stadium ... each event prior to World Class Semis and Finals.
  • If we're on the same page about tour fees, I personally don't believe this will have much of an impact. This season, we are doing three regional DCI shows (2 in MN, 1 in WI), as well as our home show St. Peter prior to DCA Finals in New York. Next season will likely be something similar, with finals in Indy during mid-August vs. finishing our season on Labor Day.
  • We generally strive to keep membership dues in our corps low (this year is at $400). We have several different streams of revenue that make this possible.

Not sure if this fully answers your question. Let me know.

Thanks!

On 7/14/2023 at 4:40 PM, Big Govie-ment said:

Hi there! This is the semi-official DCP profile of the Govenaires DBC. I'm on staff, but not part of any executive leadership, so this may be subject to change. Here's my two cents:

• The current understanding is that DCI All-Age Prelims will take place early Friday at Lucas Oil Stadium, followed by Finals early Saturday at Lucas Oil Stadium ... each event prior to World Class Semis and Finals.
  • If we're on the same page about tour fees, I personally don't believe this will have much of an impact. This season, we are doing three regional DCI shows (2 in MN, 1 in WI), as well as our home show St. Peter prior to DCA Finals in New York. Next season will likely be something similar, with finals in Indy during mid-August vs. finishing our season on Labor Day.
  • We generally strive to keep membership dues in our corps low (this year is at $400). We have several different streams of revenue that make this possible.

Not sure if this fully answers your question. Let me know.

Thanks!

I would imagine the early times are in order to get the stadiums security adequate time to clear the stadium in order to clear the building in order for the nights show. 

I would think most of the competing units that are NOT use to travel such as yourself will have to have some sort of adjusted break down with the membership dues to reflect the cost of travel. I would think a fair and modest amount will be in the range of $300-$400 more per member for most of those units that have not been burdened by travel in the past. THAT or find some sort of outside revenue streams such as fundraising , donations or pursuing grants that they have not otherwise utilized in the past.