What Was The Demise of Your Corps?

Royal Coachmen (NY)....1977

PARENTS! A group of parents banded together and made our directors life heck! He had left the morning we were to leave for Philly and returned to direct 2 weeks later. Winter did not see a great rehearsal period but we were a better playing corps. Then May 1977 he quit for good. The guy that took over merged with another local corps and handed the reins over to people that didn't have a clue. Never to wear our uni's again. Some kids left for Seneca and other corps. I wish I would have too. 

YOURS?

Malfeasance of management will figure in with a few. On the DCA side I can think of two readily. 

Losing sponsorship of the Church/CYO/WFW will also figure in as well. Rising budgets wiped out many in the 70's because they really couldn't afford the touring model. Corps poaching from corps not as well off or as capable factored in as per the one recent discussion on the Cadets thread. That pretty much imploded the Quebec scene. At the time, there were plenty of corps around. A corps going under meant others grabbed the equipment and preferably the more talented individuals, and no one cared. Now, we're kind of looking around at what remains and acting surprised.