Practice pads

kiltiesdrumguy

i tried a heavy hitter pad and I don't like then at all. They feel great for a while but a sumer on tour wears then out. The laminate fell off and the pad feels horrid now. I have a real feel but I still like my "Prologix" Pad. It has a laminate that held up over the summer and is still kicking.

I have a real feel and I love it. I would not go to anything else. I've been using it for almost ten years. However, I think you really should try the different pads and go with what you like and the way the pad feels when you are playing on it.

• 4 years later...

Hey Guys, we've been working on pad designs for many years and at this point I feel we've achieved the closest-to-kevlar feel and articulation with the INVADER by way of it's new playing surface. We'd appreciate any feedback players have on these units, check out the website, watch the video and let me know what you think!

http://offworldpercussion.com

snaretop.jpg

Edited by dclauder

Well, at least he didn't start a new thread for it...

I would go with the vicfirth heavy hitter pad. I have one myself and I like it a lot. They also make a Snare Pad Laminate which gives you a harder surface to play on. I put it on half of my pad so I could have 2 different playing surfaces.

http://www.vicfirth.com/products/hhpads.html

Edited by jbdrummin