Need some advice

Chi-Chkins

I have recently been put in charge of teahing a drumliene here in Canada. As you all know high school marching bands do not exsist here but we do have a Sea Cadete band here. There are only 3 people on the line this year that were also there last year so they have been helping me learn their style of marching which is by far different from srum cpprs. However their drumline is very much drum corps stlye. I have marched bass for 5 years but never picke dup a snare or tenor....can anyone help me on how to teach rookies the style of drum corps snares and tenors.....

I have recently been put in charge of teahing a drumliene here in Canada. As you all know high school marching bands do not exsist here but we do have a Sea Cadete band here. There are only 3 people on the line this year that were also there last year so they have been helping me learn their style of marching which is by far different from srum cpprs. However their drumline is very much drum corps stlye. I have marched bass for 5 years but never picke dup a snare or tenor....can anyone help me on how to teach rookies the style of drum corps snares and tenors.....

I agreee with SCD Quad, find someone who marched Bandettes (I am assuming that's who you are talking about) that can come out ocassionally to help. Better yet find a few so that you always have someone on hand. That's a start.

I'm trying to figure out if you are talking about teaching the line to drum, or to march.

Which is it? email me and I'll give you a few all purpose excersises that will get things going.

Regards,

John Swartz

Oalands 77-80