whick corps in DCI marched the most contra's

harrold99

Do not forget to take the size of the contra itself into account. As a founding member of Star I can remember thinking that our 12 man contra line was cool, but only two bigger then many other full-sized corps of the time. But when I stood on the field and saw the little 3/4 and so called 4/4 chrome & nickel plated, often valve rotor equipped excuses for contras that many top-twelve corps at the time fielded, it really came home how cool our big K-series King contras were. It would have taken eighteen of the little DEGs to begin to produce the 'base' of those twelve Kings. The 'dirty dozen', later expanded to the 'sweet sixteen', were our bedrock foundation apon which we could soar.

Last year I thought Phantom's new 'double Bubble' Kings were pretty hot. Best base I have heard in the Bflat era.

• 2 weeks later...

How big of a contra line do Scouts typically march? I think they marched 12 this past season and I'm pretty sure that's bigger than what they've had in recent years.

I agree with a lot of the people in here.. Phantom did march 14 Contras.. and if you want a good example of the amazing low end sound their brass line had because of it.. listen to phantom's '96 show, "A Defiant Heart" in my opinion, they had one of the best lower brass lines I have ever heard that year.

Ok, so who marched the most contras in DCA.........i swear I saw Syracuse with either 13 or 14 this year.......I looked back and just saw a line of contras away from the corps. lol

Ok, so who marched the most contras in DCA.........i swear I saw Syracuse with either 13 or 14 this year.......I looked back and just saw a line of contras away from the corps. lol

I think we marched with 12. It was amazing b**bs