DCI in the Lot!

sunriseruk

A dvd of drumlines in the lot produced by dci, do you think it would sell?

I know there is the likes of DPL.net, but i think it might be a great idea to make a dvd filled with all the good stuff......although it might be a bit pricey to make i just thought i would see what everybody else thought about it...anybody else have any ideas?

This is somewhat related, but... would you say that at the big regional shows, the size of the audience watching the top 6 corps drumline warmup is about the same size? I'd imagine each group has their following of fans and alumni. I saw that Phantom and SCV had a big crowd at the San Antonio show last year, do groups like BD, Cavies, and Cadets get the same size crowds?

I think any good quality DVD or CD produced with the top lines would sell. However, I don't DCI would take the time to do that.

As far as followings of top lines at shows....they all have a great following with crowds. That is the beauty of Drum Corps :)

The lot is where you see most of the ram today. The exercises, sprees and 'parking lot etudes' are oftentimes way more interesting / challenging than the books that are written for the field. For the hardcore lot junkie, high quality DVD lot footage would be a welcome addition to the library.

I don't think I'd be able to move from my tv if someone put lot tapes on DVD! But alas, I don't expect it'll happen.

I don't think I'd be able to move from my tv if someone put lot tapes on DVD! But alas, I don't expect it'll happen.

same here

• 2 weeks later...

that would be the fastest I ever bought a dvd!

actually... i think in todays day and age a product like that wouldnt really be that difficlut to produce, and it wouldnt necessarily have to be dci that was doing it. just on my computer i have the software to edit and burn dvd's and i also own a digital camcorder which certainly gets good enough audio and picture to make a video like that. i think the hardest part would just be the post-production and all the cosmetic packaging, mass producing, etc. dpl.net is in the process of expanding, maybe something like this could be in the future.