I hate this

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It happens. But they are only lieing to themselves. And if they can live with themselves through self promotional lies, then there is something wrong with them. Not much you can do about it.

It was so funny because I said someone wouldn't hate him if he didn't lie about marching cavies, and then he said, I didn't lie I just got cut half away through the season because i was late to a camp. Then I said Well then ya didn't exactly march cavies now did ya. <_< he hasn't said a thing about it since.

It was so funny because I said someone wouldn't hate him if he didn't lie about marching cavies, and then he said, I didn't lie I just got cut half away through the season because i was late to a camp.  Then I said Well then ya didn't exactly march cavies now did ya.  <_<  he hasn't said a thing about it since.

HAHAHA what a loser, there was a guy at my high school who said he marched contra for the cadets for three years, i was like um dude three years ago you were 12 in the 6th grade, now come on now lol. so yeah, I hate that too....dont lie, practice your ### off and march!!!!

Edited by Trumpetboy

Yep....I've seen it happen many times and it does tick me off when they "believe it" themselves! One girl (back in the '90s) went to most of Crossmen's spring camps until she broke her arm......that pretty much did her in as far as marching guard. Anyway, she told members of her high school guard that she was an "alumni." :whip:

I asked her did she get to march in a uniform or in competition? Of course her answer was no, BUT she insisted she was an alumni.....yeah, whatever!

All I know is you ain't a "alumni" unless you march a whole season! ;)^

Yep....I've seen it happen many times and it does tick me off when they "believe it" themselves! One girl (back in the '90s) went to most of Crossmen's spring camps until she broke her arm......that pretty much did her in as far as marching guard. Anyway, she told members of her high school guard that she was an "alumni." :whip:

I asked her did she get to march in a uniform or in competition? Of course her answer was no, BUT she insisted she was an alumni.....yeah, whatever!

All I know is you ain't a "alumni" unless you march a whole season! ;)^

I know thats so what I'm saying. I'm like if you didn't march tour season then ya didn't march period. You can tell people you made it passed the first camp but that's pretty much it. We actually picked up a mellophone player on tour, so that's why I said tour season and not full season.

It ticks me off when a friend of mine who QUIT the scouts 1/4 through tour insists that he's an alumni and that 'once a scout, always a scout'. He quit cause he wasn't the big fish in the little pond anymore, he was the little fish in the big pond.

There are a bunch of losers in the world, but i'm in my last class and he (the one who lied) is in this class with me *cough barf cough* but he aint in here right now but I'd write this in front of him, because he knows that I know that he's lying but I think he got the picture when I said that He didn't really march if he didn't march durning tour season.

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't march in a corps, but I wanted to SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad...still bums me out...

Besides, the commute from Indianapolis to Revere, MA (home of the 27th Lancers) would have been a b***h, to say the least! 2-7 was the only group I'd have even considered auditioning for. And, I probably wouldn't have made it! Waaaaaaaaaah!

But, I'd NEVER say that I'd marched in a group that I hadn't marched in!

Tackyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Edited by SBrancheau

• 3 weeks later...

Several years ago I met a guy at a band contest in Georgia. We started discussing drum corps and he proceeds to offer to me that he had marched Spirit of Atlanta. I asked him what he played and he said snare. Then I asked him what years he marched and he replied "only in 1987". Really interested then I asked him where did he stand in the line at finals in Kansas City? He said third from the left when you are looking at the line. Well I had him then. So I replied "well you are really busted, as Finals in 87 were in Madison, and I was the third snare from the left in 1987 Spirit of Atlanta." Guy excuses himself to go to the toilet...and never returns. BUSTED!!!