SCV Guard

BennyASU

I saw them at the Loudest Show on Earth and I really, really, really liked what they did with the elasto-poles (or whatever those things are called). When that's cleaner, it's going to be completely awesome!! No bias intended, and in fact I'm ususally pretty hard on SCV's guard, but I thought they were waaayyyy better than BD's guard (which I saw the previous week).

We'll see what they look like in August.

SCV's guard has been unbelieveable the past few years..so much different from the pre-1999 days (girls in dresses running with flags). THEY'RE DIVA!! and what an equipment book...drooolll... :P

w/Stp: oohhhh ya. In 99 they really kicked it up a notch...then in 2000 i thought their guard outstanding. In terms of intriguing and intense weapons work, unique and aggressive flag work, and beautiful body movement and reinforcing the show concept...that guard was just plain amazing. 2001 was a small step down i though, but still very underrated. BUt this year, before my friend left on tour she demonstrated all the work she knew for me, and it follows in SCV's unique style, but now they are also SCORING high, which has been missing of late. I LOVE IT! Im so excited to see them!

No bias intended, and in fact I'm ususally pretty hard on SCV's guard, but I thought they were waaayyyy better than BD's guard (which I saw the previous week).

We'll see what they look like in August.

wow, i would love to see SCV's guard break into the top 3. They were so close in 99 (made top 3 much of the season and then in quarters and semis), and i felt they should have been top 3 in 2000. THeyre on the verge it sounds like...

I've seen them three times now, and I think several factors come to mind:

1) Innovative - as Jojo mentioned they used these elastic bands on the flag poles to make triangle shapes...adding to the whole theme of their show (Shapes...)

2) Great technique - strong in execution; very few late spins or drops noticed

3) Fantastic silk colors - as simple as rich purple double flags, to the silver one with fire orange tips

4) Simple elegance - they wore black body suits with a silver slash...understated elegance

yea, my friend is quite the critic on uniforms and she likes their's this year, so im pretty sure they must be good! :P She also said the get drilled on technique a lot there rather than just go straight to cleaning work like certain other, to remain nameless corps

• 4 weeks later...

SCV's guard kick some big azz this yr! Esp the flags with strap for the opener. At the end when they are all in the front spinning by the srap...DANG, awesome, I don't care if you can't see the flag, it looks sweet as h###! SCV guard is really good this year! A sight to be hold!

Thanks!

Sean

w/Stp:

w/Stp: definitely! i cant get the image of all the flags flying on the straps in the opener out of my head. It is beyond cool! and yes, i was standing in front of Marie Czapinski at the Phx show as she was judging guard, and she went on and on about how great their technique is. I dont think they are getting the scores they deserve at all. Half a point to a point behind the other big 3 in guard??