Comments from Kalamazoo

Belated review of show from Kalamazoo. First I never have seen so many rude people in the stands. A large contingent from the Crossman sat next too us were some of the rudest fans I have seen. They talked and talked through other corps performance but were quiet when they performed. People answering cell phones, getting up and down during corps performances just plain rude behavior.

On to the show and a few comments.

I liked Crown's show except for the singing. No place for it in Drum Corps. The worst thing was THEY DIDN'T NEED IT. I would have liked Boston's show except for the commentating. I don't need someone else interperting the show for me. I felt like I was at a Enigma concert or a meditation class. DON'T NEED IT IN DRUM CORPS.

What is up with these unmatching uniforms for the guard? Phatom looked like the Salavation Army. What a mess takes away from a beautifull show.

What is up with Blue Devils uniforms? They are so drab. Not classy like they used to be. UGLY!

I love the smaller corps like Marion, Americanos and Kavaliers. I just fans would support them more. We not loose any more corps as it is.

Loved Madison. I can hear Malaga over and over and never get tired of it. And look at the fans reaction to true Drum Corps. They were on there feet. Great show.

I love corps trying music from comtempary artists this year. Loved "Both Sides Now" that Crossman played. Has to be one of the most beautifull arangements I've heard in a while.

Will DCI ever listen to what the fans want? I doubt it. Too bad they turning it into BCI.

Edited by BoomBoom76

I had a great time in Kalamazoo! Good show, good crowd, great stadium. And the folks from Kalamazoo (the chamber of commerce people, the city officials) were very helpful.

Fran

I had a great time in Kalamazoo! Good show, good crowd, great stadium.  And the folks from Kalamazoo (the chamber of commerce people, the city officials) were very helpful. 

Fran

But Fran..

what did your shoes say??

:P (still laughing about South Park today)

Everybody has their pet peeves. One of mine is what this reviewer pointed out regarding Guard uniform colors. Some of these corps have ( for instance ) the Guard in Orange and Brown, and the Corps Brass and Percussion in Blue and white trim. It's ghastly. What's up with THAT ? Hey, I'm not into fashion, believe me, but these colors between the guard and Corps proper are simply gawdawful with way too many corps. The reviewer here is right on the money with this. The colors don't match. They are an eyesore and very distracting for some of us.

Edited by Lieut. General Effect

But Fran..

what did your shoes say??

:P  (still laughing about South Park today)

LOL!!! That was hilarious stuff! Good to see you again, Stef!!!!

Fran