Bridgemen '72

That's a lot of triple tounging, sheesh. I hear the entire soprano section just playing the #### out of a pretty demanding part, and the percussion mirrors it with triplets of their own. I've heard plenty of corps today that have to cut double and triple tongue parts to a small group or they just cut it completely.

We worked very hard on that we started a 1/2 hour befor regular rehersials triple and double tounging till we got it right. I don't know if you ever heard 73 that was a little more demanding give it a listen if you can. B)

That's a lot of triple tounging, sheesh.  I hear the entire soprano section just playing the #### out of a pretty demanding part, and the percussion mirrors it with triplets of their own.  I've heard plenty of corps today that have to cut double and triple tongue parts to a small group or they just cut it completely.

We worked very hard on that we started a 1/2 hour befor regular rehersials triple and double tounging till we got it right. I don't know if you ever heard 73 that was a little more demanding give it a listen if you can. B)

73 and 74 I enjoyed...I wouldn't believe it if I didn't hear it myself.

That was the first time that I remember a horn line, the next was Madison 75 and Muchachos 75.....I usually was only interested in listening to the rifle lines slamming that wood onto leather or skin in some cases, and how many hands I could hear....hopefully it was always 1... :lol:

Leo-you guys gonna be able to do it again? b**bs

73 and 74 I enjoyed...I wouldn't believe it if I didn't hear it myself. 

That was the first time that I remember a horn line, the next was Madison 75 and Muchachos 75.....I usually was only interested in listening to the rifle lines slamming that wood onto leather or skin in some cases, and how many hands I could hear....hopefully it was always 1... :lol:

I can remember the first time the corps did it at the 71 Dream. The people were more stunned than anything else as that was just the solo sops in 72 73 74 the whole sop line did it.

I can remember the first time the corps did it at the 71 Dream. The people were more stunned than anything else as that was just the solo sops in 72 73 74 the whole sop line did it.

Truly amazing. :lol: So much practice must have gone into that! Thoroughly enjoyable, and almost beyond belief! :lol::lol:

You're horn line was no slouch eather always loved the Lancers horn lines every Year.I remember the first time that I got to see the Lancers it was the 70 Dream. We were just happy to be there we did one #### of a show that day and came in last 27th brought the house down with a great show that day and a fan was born me.

It used to be a rare thing for horn players to offer compliments regarding a rival corps. This soprano feature was talked about a lot in it's day. Simply amazing! Could today's lines pull off something like it? My guess is there are very few who could handle the triple tonguing.

BTW, I liked the '73 version the best.