A Bit Of Drum Corps Nostalgia

Just checked out your pics and I recognized an old buddy that I marched with at Crossmen. Texas Tom Holman. I marched from 80 -82(age out) with Xmen. Brought back some good memories of the "Day" Sure you probably know Deb Rogerson and Deb Thomas too. Shame we can't go back in time to the Old Days again!!!

:lol:

Yeap...Tom was my seat partner! He won individuals that year, second in a row I believe (won once with Crossmen on Mellophone). I'm standing to Tom's right in the flugle horn section. The other picture of Tom is with three of the other lead flugle horns from that year ( I was the fourth...behind the camera).

I remember the Deb's.

Fun times those years.

I marched with another Crossmen Alumn. Name at the moment escapes me, but he marched 80 and came to BD in 81 to march flugle. I can still picture him...big guy, loud flugle horn.

Edited by bd5times

Thanks for the tour of memories. That was my last year marching. I remember it like it was yesterday.

B)

I marched with another Crossmen Alumn. Name at the moment escapes me, but he marched 80 and came to BD in 81 to march flugle. I can still picture him...big guy, loud flugle horn.

Cameron Bruce....that's who I was thinking of.

My old college roommate was in there. John Locke. He was a contra that joined during the season. I think he was the tall one with the beard in the pictures.

Yeap, John holds a record in the Blue Devils.....I think it still stands.

He joined in the middle of the summer and the first show he marched we scored a 90. He never marched a show in the Blue Devils were we scored less than a 90. So, that's his claim to fame within the Blue Devils.