Ok, so this won't be anything stellar, b/c this is my first review, and only my second live show, but I'll do my best.

First off was trumpeter Jesse McGuire, Who was a very good trumpeter, and is a nice guy. He played a great "God Bless America"

The first real corps to come on was Spirit. These guys were amazing! Music wise they gave me some chills. Visually very appealing (especially the cymbal line, man those guys are smoking something jumping over tenors like that.) Marching wise they were good, I saw a few interval problems, but it wasn't bad. They were a great first impression to give to this competition. My sister who I had to drag to this competition was hooked by the end of spirits show.

Next were the madison scouts. I loved their entrance w/ the guard wearing armor and marching with those tilted drums. it was very cool- they win my award for best entrance of the night. Musically they were great! their marching wasn't too bad, but it wasn't as good as spirits. but their guard work was hurting. the ideas are there, its just they need to clean up the tosses and bring everything together. Being a percussionist, I loved their feature with the basses and the tenors especially.

After that darned intermission where every single sweaty person seemed to rub off me and the stupid gate keeper wouldn't let me go to the crown souvenier shop b/c it was 5 feet away from the entrance and "I needed my ticket" <_< that was b.s.

Then the blue coats came on. They were very good as well, and my mom kept uttering the phrase, "how are the guard moving? they just keep flowing" coming from a corps novice, that pretty much sums there guard work up. GE was excellent. Marching was great, and I liked there music.

Then it was time for the cadets. I really like their music selection this year, and they have a lot of great guard work going on. their were lots of great percussion moments too and thats always good for people like me. I think their performance was best summed up by the fact that after each song, there was a standing ovation from the crowd. this was my sisters favorite group as well and she is also a novice in the drumcorps community (she knows how to pick them doesn't she)

I felt for Crown after the cadets performance, but crown seemed up for the challenge. I thought there guard work was extremely creative in keeping w/ the shows theme. Their percussion was very clean and fit the music well. And the brass had a great sound, I think the only thing that killed them was their marching. They had some noticeable interval problems going on. but that is easily fixable.

All in all, I thought each score was appropriate, but I hope that each of the corps can do some serious cleaning before finals and have all of them make finals (come on madison and crown). B/c I really did enjoy every show emmensly!

Puerile !!

Who cares, Look at her pic! Cute. Sorry about that. :blink: