Favorite Drumline

flamtap65

SCV is definitely my favorite. the level of cleanliness, balance, and the sound and tone they produce is something that i haven't seen any other line match. :music:

BD was far to dirty, and had too many licks similar to last year's to really interest me.

Cadets were definitely smoking, but also definitely below last year.

Cavaliers surpirsed me this year, after a pretty boring show (drum wise) last year.

but, once again, SCV is my favorite.

-Giancarlos B)

Edited by Gbassman5

choices choices....... I would not be able to choose between SCV and BD so in my book they BOTH rock the house!

Are we talking about favorite CURRENT lines, or can us geezers "cheat" and include some "old school" drumlines?

There's some really great rudimental "stuff" from back in the "land before time" before there were pits and kevlar and snares that can't be heard and marching tympani and TENOR drums and RUDIMENTAL bass drums!

the reason why last year's drum book for cavaliers was "boring" was because the show didn't lend itself to any kind of showcasing. the entire corps performed as one for 11.5 minutes. that's what made the drum book so beautiful. instead of listening to 03 cavies drumline on a lot tape or something, listen to spin cycle. the blend of brass and percussion is unparalleled (sp?). sure BD is fun to listen to in the parking lot, but it makes a lot less sense once the corps gets together. why do the cavies always win GE captions but not performance captions as often? everything they do is for the box, not for the field judge.