D2/3 review and quick notes

not a huge review but i jotted some notes as the nightwent on...a few things first...

first off....if they took the top 3 from each then next highest 6 corps, why no Cap Sound??? will nyone from this town make their finals?

next...I&E winners....awesome. Pat Fitzgibbons I bow to you. and to the jackass that had his phone on ring i will find you.

and...to the guy running sounds for I&E...please apologize to Wast Coast Jazz...i am sure they didnt want Kansas blaring duing their show.

Magic.....I know DCI enforced the rules...but they should not have been in D2. I disagree w/a 99 when people wipe out at the end of the show, but this corps was clean in all fazes......definietly coul make D1 finals. drum staff...tenor feature puffs is inaudible and they're upfront...switch mallets.

Cap Reg...ok i am biased...most of their drumstaff i marched nd taught with. Nice show...well controlled, but could have used a lil more omph bras wise. excellent guard and i think this is a corps we will hear more from.

Mandarins....honestly...i dont se the number. brass very dirty, lots of guard drops. Opener was ok, but didnt hve the cleanliness everyone remembers from 97 Cadets.

SCV Cadets...holy f### me!!! First off as they are setting up, here coms the whole A corps...totalclss from the big brothers and sisters of SCV. The opening drum moment wasclean as blls, nd these kids performed the show of a lifetime...it was a Phantom 96 feeling wtching it. tons of SCVisms all over the place. IMo should have been 3rd, maybe 2nd.

The future of SCV is in great hands.

Sprtans...i like the show but the ending needed more. brass was dead. Great Bacchanalle teasers all over. a long way since Reading they have come.

Esperanza...nice lil corps...great arrangment of Duel of Fates. pit laid down some serious groove....these guys are worth watching again.

Blue Stars....a greatest hits show that rocked....loved the girl in the old school Blue stars hot shorts uni. a few brass issues.....definietly fun just had some dirt

Revolution.....awesome show! drumline was a monster and the show was designed to show it. all sections strong and deserving of the win in D3

Patriots....safe show but perfomed well. top notch guard as always but kinda boring.

ECJ.....kinda boring w/no real jazz fewl....mechanical. performed well, but eh...left me flat.

Jersey Surf......wow have they come a long way....funny as h### show. They, in proud tradition, threw On Wisconsin into their show lol. They went the humor route and it worked wel for em. Since Lansdale, the most improved corps all year bar none.

Taipei...another corps who ame a long way...nice lil show.Congratson your Internationl Championship!

Yamato..missed ya...sorry

Jubal...fun show...dirty but balls out....i hope we see you uys gain this week.

it was cold by the end and I found my new home...Wild wings n State Street!!!

Great reveiw Jeff....Thanks