Boston C. info

Yes, that was in 1980, that 27 had the contra/sop duet.

and If I am not mistaken, the Trombonium soloist was none other than Bill Solari......

eastcoastjazz, you are absolutely right. 1982 was Billy Solari, who in 1994 was one of the drum majors....on the tape he's seen quite a bit.

The contra solo in Open Wide was Cliffy White who won Individuals that year (80) playing Flight of the Bumble Bee (on the contra bass). :music: He scored like a 99.9 or something. I have the score on the back of my 1981 DCI Calendar, all of the I & Es from the 80 season are in the 80 calendar.

I wonder if they still do that? It's not done I don't think in the 70s yearbooks that I have but....

Anyway, Cliffy was a fabulous player and a fabulous person, he still is!! If you watch some of the moves from 80 from the contra section, one going into Open Wide, it's just amazing GE!!!! Good playing and GE...and they had to do a manuvah too, I don't think that section was expecting to be marching for most of the show!! Anywah, he made it some great moves and some great music!

Score !!!!!!!

now that i know who & when. all i have to do is find a copy of it.. guess i'll have to break down and order from DCI ^0^

and by the way. Thank's to all who helped point me in the right direction....

Edited by Drack1cba