Boston C. info

looking for help with some info.

What year did Boston play Niner Two........  I can not remember if it was some were around 76 to 81.  but i would love to find out when so i can then track down a copy from a friend.

help me out please !!!!!!

www.Corpsreps.com doesn't show them playing Niner-Two at all... But it does look like they are missing Boston's reps from 73,75, and 77.

It does show 2-7 playing that in 81 and 82 though.

Hope this helps.

thanks.. it helps more then you know. you've just jogged the memory bank's....

the verison that i am looking for with one of the sweetest Contra solo's is by Lancer's... Guess i didn't want to admit it being a Bridgemen member and all :music:

but now I do......

you da Man !!!!

It was actually a Trombonium solo in Niner Two. However, the song begins with all the contras setting the 9/8 groove.

If you want to hear it played recently, click on Mass Brass in my sig and click on the sound files on our website. You'll hear us play it with the Trombonium solo now on mellophone.

Better yet, come to Scranton and hear it LIVE Friday night!

looking for help with some info.

What year did Boston play Niner Two........  I can not remember if it was some were around 76 to 81.  but i would love to find out when so i can then track down a copy from a friend.

help me out please !!!!!!

I think they did the 7/8 "Unsquare Dance" as one of their percussion features in 69, the year they used bells up to Nats in Philly. Might that be the tune you were thinking of?

Mike

It was actually a Trombonium solo in Niner Two. However, the song begins with all the contras setting the 9/8 groove.

If you want to hear it played recently, click on Mass Brass in my sig and click on the sound files on our website. You'll hear us play it with the Trombonium solo now on mellophone.

Better yet, come to Scranton and hear it LIVE Friday night!

boy oh boy, again your correct. i really must be losing my mind. niner two can't be the song that i'm thinking of. but it's one of their more memorable one's. well that is besides Danny Boy.

so now i'm wondering if the song that i am trying to find is "Open Wide" from 80' does anyone recall a contra / sop duet in that tune? only reason for me thinking it might be that is that i first heard a recording of it in 82' and the lead contra player in 84' Bridgemen when i joined told me that he knew the guy that played the contra solo...

Yes, that was in 1980, that 27 had the contra/sop duet.

and If I am not mistaken, the Trombonium soloist was none other than Bill Solari......

eastcoastjazz, you are absolutely right. 1982 was Billy Solari, who in 1994 was one of the drum majors....on the tape he's seen quite a bit.

The contra solo in Open Wide was Cliffy White who won Individuals that year (80) playing Flight of the Bumble Bee (on the contra bass). :music: He scored like a 99.9 or something. I have the score on the back of my 1981 DCI Calendar, all of the I & Es from the 80 season are in the 81 calendar.

I wonder if they still do that? It's not done I don't think in the 70s yearbooks that I have but....

Anyway, Cliffy was a fabulous player and a fabulous person, he still is!! If you watch some of the moves from 80 from the contra section, one going into Open Wide, it's just amazing GE!!!! Good playing and GE...and they had to do a manuvah too, I don't think that section was expecting to be marching for most of the show!! Anywah, he made it some great moves and some great music!

Edited by LancerFi