South Korean drum corps??

Ape

I 'm in Seoul, South Korea right now. Since I 've tried to search for the drum corps in Korea for two months, I found nothing. Do you have the idea that is there any drum corps here? Any of information will help me a lot. If you know person, friends or any of link that can help me find some information of drum corps in Korea, please let me know. I can't believe that South Korea won't have a drum corps or marching activities like Japan. Even Thailand, we already have drum corps and two national compettition for marching bands that produce a lot of world class marching bands. I wish that I will find informations that will open my chance for this other explorer in marching experiences.

Thank you guys

Ape

Anyanghaseyo, Ape.

I remember reading an article, in Hankook, in the newspaper that was read by the KATUSAs when I was living Seoul about an all-girl drum and bugle corps. I think the year was 1996. Their show that year was Phantom of the Opera. I believe they were from Pusan, but I may be mistaken.

Good Luck!

Edited by ravedodger

Thank you for this information,

Seems like you are from Seoul, isn't it? If it ws a drum corps on 1996, that 's mean I may have achance to find out people who love im marching music in drum corps style. I don't care if I can't find drum corps here but I still find marching bands that march and perform in the way drum corps do.

Do you know how to reach Korean drum corps society? Is there organixation or company that manage or even the compettition here?

thakns again,

Ape

A drum corps from Japan did a Korean tour in 2002, but their site has no mention of a drum corps in Korea.

[quote name='Ape' date='Sep 5 2004, 06:39 PM']"The drum corps from Japan", is they are "The Pride of Soka"?
[right][post="862544"][/post][/right][/quote]

Yes

Thank you for this information,

Seems like you are from Seoul, isn't it? If it ws a drum corps on 1996, that 's mean I may have achance to find out people who love im marching music in drum corps style. I don't care if I can't find drum corps here but I still find marching bands that march and perform in the way drum corps do.

Do you know how to reach  Korean drum corps society? Is there organixation or company that manage or even the compettition here?

thakns again,

Ape

I live in California. I was in the U.S. Army and stationed in Seoul in 1995/1996. I don't know anything more than what I've already mentioned. I have done a few internet searches looking for more drum corps in Korea, but I can only find 'The Pride of Soka', whom we already know is from Japan.

I hope you do better with your search.

Edited by ravedodger

Thank you very much for your help as searching for it.

I hope o find that is there any Korean ever marched in USA Before? If I can find the information of them, it maybe easier to know about Korean marching society.

If The Pride went to Korea, it 's mean there are people who interested in drum corps in Korea. I 'm searching for these group of them. Also, in 2006, Korea will be the host for World Marching Show Band. I think I will able to find some connection here befor the next year, hopefully.

• 4 weeks later...

I believe the all-girl drum corps you are talking about is YAM KWONG Vocational High School. It is in Seoul. They travelled twice to Taiwan to participate in marching band festivals, and were really good. Their programme in 1996 was West Side Story, and the other time they came, they played an all Tchaikovsky programme. It is rumoured that staff from Kiwanis Kavaliers have instructed the corps.

• 2 weeks later...