Quad Logic - Bill Bachman

MikeN

Just got my copy of Quad Logic - I decided that if I'm going to play in a corps, I want to play tenors again. I've been out of it for so long, though, I figured now's the time to really *learn* how to play 'em.

So, I paid my $15 for the book, since I've heard a fair bit about it online.

I've had time to leaf through it, and I must say, it's an excellent read. It is *not* designed for the beginning drummer, though - you have to have at least a passing acquaintance with rudiments and notation - but if you do, then this walks you through it step-by-step.

I'm waiting on my tenor pad / mallets to arrive now, but I think this is going to be a *very* helpful book.

Mike

Sweet!!

I have that book too and it's a blast, even though I'm not much of a tenor player. I can see what you mean though about not being the greatest thing for a beginner. But, I would think that having the book in combination with some sort of instructor (maybe even Bill himself) would be ideal. The best part is putting together what you learn into one of the solos in the back. My favorite is Beatlicious.

Have fun with it.