Bach Mellophone Mouthpieces

KevinDCAChamp

I have been told that Bach no longer makes 6V Mello mouthpieces. I have been "ordered" to switch to a 6V and do not like the small cushions on the ones I have tried to play on. From what I remeber the Bach had a bigger cushion, which is more comfortable for the kind of chops structure I have. Can anyone provide any information on this? Does anyone know where I can acquire a Bach 6V Mello mouthpiece from any existing supply?? Does anyone know of a 6V Mello mouthpiece that has a bigger cushion??? I have played on Bach's since 1972, being very comfortable on a 10 1/2 CW, and like the feel and sound it provided me. And even though my sound was not noticeably different from the other players in the section, everyone is to now play on the 6V. I still do not understand this, since everyone has different lip and teeth structures, I feel a mouthpiece fitted to the individual would give a better sound for them. And it is not my decsion, so I will go with the flow. And I want to play the best I can, and I know I need the bigger cushion for that to happen. So any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Guido

I don't know what's up with the bach pieces...however I know this past year we, at Blue Stars, utilized the Kelly 6V. A lot of people find it odd at first, but it is a very comfortable mouthpiece and gives a great tone on mello.

I feel certain that Kanstul is duplicating the original recipe for that mouthpiece.

ck thier website to be sure.

www.kanstul.com

Edited by camel lips