tenors / quints

loganrude

Hey, I have been playing drums for about 4 years or so now and just made tenors/quints for my school's winter percussion. the problem is, I have never played them before. If there is anyone out there that plays tenors or just knows a lot about them please help me out!!! Any information associated with how to play them and tips to playing them will help. THANK YOU!!!

Buy these two books:

Modern Multi-Tenor Techniques and Solos ($15)

http://www.rowloff.com/BooksFolder/TenorBook.php

Quad Logic ($15)

http://www.rowloff.com/BooksFolder/Logic.php

They assume that you've at least drummed before, but I've found them an invaluable resource in working on my tenor drumming. Quad Logic in particular breaks down each type of drumming unique to tenors and makes it easy to learn *quickly*.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

hehe, i find this rather funny cause i'm in the exact situation as loganrude. i'm playing tenors for the first time for our indoor unit after playing bass for 3 years, and i'm actually a brass player. i thought about getting quad logic as well....

hehe, i find this rather funny cause i'm in the exact situation as loganrude. i'm playing tenors for the first time for our indoor unit after playing bass for 3 years, and i'm actually a brass player. i thought about getting quad logic as well....

Woah, Dennis, I can't see you playing tenors! Thats weird. Good luck, I'll still be rocking out on my bass drum.

-Kirsten