Maynard Ferguson in Concert!

I have one question for those in the know, can Maynard still scream like he used to in the 70's or is he a bit soft and he has someone else hitting' those real high notes ?????

Just wondering!  :rolleyes:  :whistle:

Ohh he can still hit them.He proves it at each concert.

He is getting on up there in years and does have to have some of the boys handle the longer strings for him.Thats not to say he is still not the master.

Maynard had his 75th birthday bash last year or the year before that.Can't remember which.That puts him over the 75 year old mark.I hope I am above ground and playing when I am 75 much less peeling out those high notes.

I love Maynard!I hate all of you trolls that get to go see him :P :P :P

Edited by camel lips

• 2 weeks later...

i just got back from seeing maynard play at my HS for a fundraiser, and all i can say is wow... he can still hit the high notes for sure, but he has a wealth of screamers in his band...

it was really neat, i got to go backstage and talk with some of the band (like i said, it was a fundraiser for my HS band), and got a signature from maynard... seems like half of the band was from UNT (the drummer and pianist had both played in the one o'clock band in the past 5 years)... heck of a night, i'd recommend it to any school or organization looking to raise money... i think the early estimate is that we made 8-10000 from the concert... which is a nice wad of cash.