Recaps gathering

"As evidenced by the numbers you put up for this show!!"  b**bs

Just kidding.  Thank you for all of your hard work for the past 263 years Jeff!!

Go Judging Devils,

Gregg

w/Stp:

Gregg,

Actually judging has never seemed like work. In many ways it's like marching. You have to get ready for the show, put your uniform on, go out and be part of the judging team, do your absolute best for every word and number you record, and then get chewed out or praised by instructors after it's over.

Of course there is no sleeping on gym floors, group showers, or all night bus rides, but you can't have everything! :P

And I don't mind the age remarks because there is at least one good thing about getting old and it's called retirement. For you youngsters out there it's getting paid not to go to work. Finally figured out what I want to do if and when I grow up.... RETIRE!!! Less than 1000 days left. :rolleyes:

Love your website!!!

Jeff

DCI judge 1979-present

Bushwacker program consultant 2003-present

Edited by Jeff

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gregg,

I was wondering if it would be possible to post the breakdowns of each judge's numbers...

For example, not just showing what the judge gave for GE Music, but what the judge gave for Repertoire Effect and Showmanship/Performance Effect...

Sooner,

Alot of the recaps that I have don't give the breakdown. Not sure why. Also, as much as I would like to put up the ones that do, it would very time consuming and take up a ton of room on the page as well as eat up alot of webspace--something I'm in very short supply of. Believe me, I have thought about putting them on, but its just way too much for me alone to do.

Go Sub-Caption Out Devils,

Gregg

w/Stp:

I've been tempted to also ask DCI about it

Sooner,

Alot of the recaps that I have don't give the breakdown. Not sure why.  Also, as much as I would like to put up the ones that do, it would very time consuming and take up a ton of room on the page as well as eat up alot of webspace--something I'm in very short supply of.  Believe me, I have thought about putting them on, but its just way too much for me alone to do.

Go Sub-Caption Out Devils,

Gregg

w/Stp:

Back in the old days, most sheets had 3 subcaptions, rather than 2 the current system employs. In addition there were 13 judges, so it was simply a case of too much information on one page. Recaps in the very early days were done by hand with carbon paper and ticks were counted and recounted by a tabulator. It was very labor intensive.

Jeff, past day ticker, current day talker B)

I'd probably be more interested in the post-tick breakdowns anyway