1970 SCV Racine Recording HELP!

Been out of town and just saw your post. Can't be a recording of us at VFW since we were not there! Where was the North American Open held?

...yup, you're right, of course. A mislabeling in my files *oops*...I'm still trying to reconstruct 70-71 due to an enforced vacation in the REAL green machine. Heh.

Have you recieved that album yet, Paul?

I received the CD today and it is definitely the Racine show! I am so jazzed! Although it seems when they did the re-mix they toned down the crowd reaction you can definitely hear the cheers, whistling and applause (sometimes over the corps) from they very beginning of the show. At the end of the show when the announcer shouts “Wonderful show wonderful show, the Santa Clara Vanguard”, I knew it was Racine because that is a moment of my DC life I will never forget! It was truly the show that shocked the DC world and put SCV on the map!

ptr 250 - are you SURE it was Racine?

Because MY recording took place in Milwaukee - and you "spanked" every corps there, man!

After 35 years I guess it’s possible I’m wrong (I’ve managed to kill quite a few brain cells in that time) but Racine was our first show in the mid-west and the only show where we got a standing “O” from start to finish. By the time we got to Milwaukee the word was out. As I said in my previous post the announcer shouting over the crowd, “Wonderful show, wonderful show, the Santa Clara Vanguard”, convinces me it was Racine!

. I have 69 Racine, 70 North American, 72 Racine and 73 Oshkosh courtesy of Dale Johnson. I love to listen to the corps get better and better over those years in particular. I'll check 72 NA for "wonderful show" comment by announcer.

Can't say enough about how much I like listening to the juniors of the, especially, early 70s. And I know it's not nostalgia....I aged out, well, got drafted, in 1967 and up until just a few years ago never really heard the 70s shows. Now I bet I listen to them most of all.

RON HOUSLEY

67 Kingsmen

Southern California

(sez so right on the back

of that black jacket of mine)