some old corps photos

I just like to tweak photos, my software has a "one button fix".

BTW the drumline photo is great!!!

Oops, I'm still learning about the size and stuff so teach me! thanks for the compliment, My hubby tweaks the photos for the most part though! :)

How do I bring this one down?

Man, BD had '57 senicruisers for the first half of '83. Those things were awesome!. Now if they had just WORKED, that would have been the best!

Blue Devils had those scenicruisers from 1977 the 2 first were the Hound (became the blue who) but for me it was the Hound and the blue zoo (the drum bus) and the old 0-4 (became blue namu).

Stef - everything that's posted here in this thread is a historic treasure!

I hope that someone out there can capture and save all these great historic pictures!

Believe me we have them all and we're gonna put them on the website! Woo hoo..we have some work cut out for us! :blink:

Help me to put these big pictures down...so I can post them without taking so much space!

:blink: Edited by Lancerlady

If I'm remembering correctly (a few years before my time, marchingwise), they were called "flapjacks" and were essentially drum heads held under tension but without shells (sort of like roto-toms in concept). I remember seeing a few corps marching them in '74, when I started, but don't know if they had adjustable tuning (like a tympano) or whether they were tuned to specific pitches and just left there.

I have it in my head that Larry McCormick may have devised them, but that could just be the booze talking.... :P

Edited by mobrien

Has this one been posted yet? It's a great one of retreat!

Yes, I have the originals. I posted it back maybe in 40's or 50's (pages). Both are Drum Corps East Finals 1980.

I keep telling corpreps that their not DCI East, they're DCE. I sent other photos of the same night to them, but it doesn't really matter, we won both in 80... :P

Edited by LancerFi

OK, I've been busy with the scanner all day today. The photos from '78 are kind of fuzzy, because my dad developed them into slides, and then into prints. They were clear as slides, but didn't all come out clearly as prints.

This first bunch is of the Rockford show (probably sometime in June, because it was during first tour) in 1978. They're from the back sideline, because by the time my parents got there, all the seats on the front side were sold out.

Wausau Story, Rockford, Ill., 1978:

wausau1.jpeg

wausau2.jpeg

Edited by byline