Crusaders Alive and Well

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to add onto what Donny said about Tom Anderson....he's been with my Band mostly since 1997....the only two years he was away were a disaster for our Band.....he's probably the most musical percussionist I've ever worked with.

He grew up under the tutelege of Tony Ambrogio...once of Sun....and they won the TOB ACC Drum Award five years running....from there Tom was in the Cadets drumline and won the big one at DCI in Buffalo...so long ago.

He brings a world of expereince as a professional musician and as a drumline writer. Copiague owes him a world of gratitude for all he has meant to our Band.

I know that he'll be a huge help to you guys. Make the most of your time with him

John Wevers

Band Director

Copiague High School

Thats right John...

When I first came to teach at Copiague HS I noticed that the percussion was trained and played very musically. Also they had good parts that fit the wind scores well. Then I met Tom. He is a great teacher as well as a fine drummer. He has been responsible for the great drum lines that Copiague has during band season and it is great to get him involved with us at the Crusaders. :worthy:

I am starting to get an even better feeling about this summer every day. I have talked to more recruits with experience tonight. I just hope we get this ball rolling soon in competition. I havent been this pumped about drum corps in a number of years. B)

Donny

Only 9 more days until the Crusaders have their first competition in almost 2 years.

Non believers can pack it up and go away now for sure. There were so many of them, but they seem to have gone quiet. This is a reality and a pretty good one at that. Every cynic in upstate NY can jump on the wagon now and wish us well. This is definitely good for all of DCA.

Just a few spots open...

Donny

No vibrato...you are driving but isnt the band wagon, it is me nuts!!!

Donny

I talk to my kids at Copiague, I talk to Donny at least once a day and Mike Linton every other day. I watch the posts here and I know that Cru is onto something very special this year.

I think that you guys have a lot of tension and pent up emotion that is about to burst. I encourage everyone to take deep breath's at every availablement moment. Spend some quality time with yourselves and think of ten things that each of you can do this weekend to improve your individual show and to work together as a team.

I always tell my kids that they really don't about each other and what it means for that year's band until the first show when the crowd reacts to you. That's the time that you begin to grow together as a team and as a family.

It is a week away for the return to the field performance of the Crusaders. Go on a crusade. Make converts along the way. Make people notice just who you are. Most of all, become one. Become strong. Be proud!

(I'm off my soap box, now)

Have a great week!

John Wevers

Band Director

Copiague High School

John...

I appreciate your kind words of concern. I do tend to take this stuff seriously, but it has been a long time since this particular corps had this kind of momentum going in to the first show.

Mike's concerns and mine are some of the same ones, but more than that, running a show on Long Island is a big one of his. As much as you want to have this show succeed...we have to have this show succeed.

We have one more good weekend camp coming up with still new members joining daily. We have a great show and a great bunch of young and older members to make it a fun season for all. We still have the same goals we have always had, and we will push for that to happen. DCA isnt until Labor Day weekend, so we are realistic about early season trials.

Next week I will be back at my secong home Copiague HS. We just want to take the field again....

Donny