FUSION Pre-Season Announcements

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

FUSION organization begins training for the upcoming dcp-i season 4

Austin, TX -- March 18, 2005 -- Spring Break, a time for parties, beach fun, and no school. That is not the case in Austin, TX though. At the organization headquarters of FUSION, nearly 1000 kids from across the country and three continents are assembling for what may be one of the biggest single organizations in all of drum corps.

FUSION director Marcelo Somers spoke on the topic - "Logistically speaking, organizing 1000 kids and adults ranging in age from 10 to 50 and above has been a nut case to say the least. Our organization has advanced so much in the past year and half that it never ceases to amaze me." The director went on to state that in this first fiscal quarter the organization posted profit of close to US$10 million.

The organization has also reorganized itself. FUSION will be sponsoring an unprecidented eleven drum and bugle corps. The organization will be fielding the following corps under dcp-i this next season:

Division 1 --

- coldfusion

- wongbong

- Machine

- afterlab

Division 2 --

- aerofusion

- thunderwave

Division 3 --

- hydrofusion

- Point-Blank

The corps has added three new corps, afterlab, Thunderwave, and Point-Blank in Divisions 1, 2, and 3 respectively. Director of Operations Ryan Archer said that "We had to wait for the dcp-i rules congress proposals to finish voting so that we would know where we stood on how many corps we could field.

In addition, the corps will be extending the tour of their exhibition corps, which was formerly named fusion jr, but is now the "fusion summer ensemble." We have extended the invitation to all kids who wish to learn to march and play. This includes woodwinds. This is more of a summer marching band for kids who do not have the time commitment for a full drum and bugle corps.

The other corps though will be running full tours throughout the entire season.

In addition, this next season dcp-i is looking to expand the circuit to include Senior Corps. fusion is taking the risk and sponsoring two corps: betabong and Robot. These corps are mostly made up of age-out from the past seasons of our junior corps, although there are many adults who have attended the camps with no previous marching experience, or just limited corps experience.

Watch out for our published final numbers and programs within the next few days.