Emerald Regime

From Greenwood, IN

April 30th, 2005

The Emerald Regime Drum and Bugle Corps has finished a successful week full of learning new portions of the show. Camp started on Thursday evening and concluded this morning. We had a high attendance rate at this camp considering it started on a Thursday. The Corps was asked to perform a portion of their show at a standstill for the Center Grove HS music department; which is why we had to bump the camp up a day.

What seemed like it would be wet weekend, turned out to be something special. Corps members were arriving throughout the day as it continued to rain on Thursday. But they "soaked" it up, and rehearsed as if it were perfect drum corps weather!

The first day of camp started out with our basic meeting to go over the goals for the camp, and then we went straight into sectionals. We learned the closer to the show and and put it together with the percussion section. Each movement of the show is flowing just well. A few "Traffic Jams" throughout the show, but I guess that is to be expected, considering out show is titled "Traffic"--Don't worry, these kids have managed to work through this challenging selection of music, and it promises to be an excited ride this summer. We spent most of our musical time on Thursday rehearsing "Traffic Jam" and "Time" as they have multi-meter and synchopated motifs.

Thomas Lee (Percussion instructor) said "This is the best I have ever heard this drumline, and it isn't even time to start tour yet!"--Amazing things are coming from all sections of the corps, and with the amount of time we have left until tour, we still have a lot more we know we can improve on to start our show off on the right side of the "road", said Daniel Muczynski (lead-trumpet).

We have about 75% of our show on the field so far, and plan to start on the closer drill at our first May camp!--The show will debut at the Memorial Day camp on the field in full performance. The members are pushing us as staff this year, said Joe Freeman (Visual caption head). There is nothing better than getting out to the field and having all of the members in the basics block, or opening set ready to take on a new day. We are pushing, and charging away with this show, and we are having fun!

Colorguard caption head Becky Zdechlick was pleased to announce that the colorguard uniforms had been ordered, and will be arriving at the next camp. However, we will not be in uniform for that camp, so you will have to wait until All-Days debut, or the first performance to see the uniforms. Flags have also been underway for the past 3 months. We have hired Martha Stewart to hand paint our silks this year. Due to some issues she was having in her home away from home, put a delay on our order.

Camp concluded today with a finale performance by the entire corps. Alumni from the area came to Center Grove HS where we rehearsed, and supported the corps with their presence. Great things are happening here at Emerald Regime, and we want all of you to be a part of this creation. Come out and support us at the Memorial Day camp. All who attend will get a free Tri-Tip dinner, and be entered in a drawing to win 4 FREE TICKETS to come watch DCP-I Championships (Hotel Room included). The first 10 people who show up will get merchandise from the corps, as well as last seasons CD.

We hope to see you at our performances. Best of luck to all corps competing this season. Get ready for a great journey!

Emerald Regime Staff

Executive Director,

Matthew J. Smith

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:OT: Off topic but....

I probably missed you by a year but maybe not. Did you go to any of the 'Scades camps in 2002 when they did City Riffs? I went to a bunch of camps that year. I got put down as first alternate for the bass line.

Ok, so here's my story...

They wanted me to tour with them as an alternate in case someone on the bass line got hurt or sick. I would learn all the parts and all the marching for all 5 spots and fill in if needed (you can't very well have a missing person in the bass line). They were going to let me go for free and everything. I didn't like the idea of not being guaranteed to be able to march and I hated sitting on the sidelines. I wanted to march. Unfortunately, I probably could have gotten in if I would have tried for 5th bass instead of 4th but thats all hindsight. I think the fact that I was older played against me since I would be probably harder to break from habbits and such. Plus the younger guys were already more in shape than me.

So basically what happened was that I got a promotion at my work so I decided not to go on tour. Funny thing was, when they played in Seattle, I could have sworn Puddles was playing 4th bass (he was the 2nd alternate).

So, um yeah, don't know if you remember me or not or if we ever met. But. um yeah

:OT:  Off topic but....

I probably missed you by a year but maybe not. Did you go to any of the 'Scades camps in 2002 when they did City Riffs? I went to a bunch of camps that year. I got put down as first alternate for the bass line.

Ok, so here's my story...

They wanted me to tour with them as an alternate in case someone on the bass line got hurt or sick. I would learn all the parts and all the marching for all 5 spots and fill in if needed (you can't very well have a missing person in the bass line). They were going to let me go for free and everything. I didn't like the idea of not being guaranteed to be able to march and I hated sitting on the sidelines. I wanted to march. Unfortunately, I probably could have gotten in if I would have tried for 5th bass instead of 4th but thats all hindsight. I think the fact that I was older played against me since I would be probably harder to break from habbits and such. Plus the younger guys were already more in shape than me.

So basically what happened was that I got a promotion at my work so I decided not to go on tour. Funny thing was, when they played in Seattle, I could have sworn Puddles was playing 4th bass (he was the 2nd alternate).

So, um yeah, don't know if you remember me or not or if we ever met. But. um yeah

I know of a few people who were in the percussion section at the time. However, I did not become a marching member of the Cascades until the 2003 year. I do have an idea of who you are talking about. Instant Message me and I can see if we are on the same page.