The DCI Yearlys: 1983

You didn't see him last year at finals? He was running around all over the place, with that young lady who made the DCI Hall of Fame. He was also at the 35th anniversary reunion...

35th12.jpg

Here he is with Jim Wedge and others.. :)

Yeah, but I kind of meant when he was 19!

Edited by LancerFi

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to "planet reality"???    :P

apoch - you guys were great. At a time when drum corps had nearly died in the NW you guys elevated the product to a higher level. As a member of the Marauders I certainly got to see you live many times. IMO you guys were the only NW corps worthy of a trip to DCI in 1983. We had a nice little circuit but it wasn't exactly the greatest drum corps. The Imperials were a shell of their former selves, Black Watch was dead, the Cascades were struggling, the Marauders were still two years away from really taking off, etc. You guys beat up on everyone in a weak region. Finals quality? I'd have to agree with Rob regardless of any results at a post-DCI contest.

I think you should be continue to be proud. The argos were the front runner in turning drum corps around in the Northwest. The Argos were good again in 84 and then the Marauders really took off in the years following. Unfortunately that would all be short lived.

Edited by jwscv87

I think you should be continue to be proud.

Exactly. I feel the same way about Oakland. There are so many "what if"s we've asked ourselves all these years, but in the end, it doesn't really matter because we can't change any of it. What we can do, however, is look at the big picture in terms of the joy we got from being with people we cared about, in a corps we loved, and enjoying the thrill--and with it, the heartbreak--of competition.