Conquistadors Camp Update

The Roselle Park Conquistadors continue to push forward in the off season. Each caption head as well as administration was asked to comment on the corps' progress thusfar.

Corps Director: "Overall, the corps is showing some very promising signs. It is rare to see this much togetherness musically at this point in the year. I feel that it will be a good show and I am proud."

Brass Caption Head: "The hornline is working very well on the brass book. This is by far the most challenging and exciting book the Conquistadors have ever done. The book was written very closely to the actual pit orchestra music from Wicked which gives it many accidentals and the hornline is handling them very well. The tempos have stayed accurate and so have the notes and dynamics. This is shaping into a great show!"

Percussion Caption Head: "The Conquistador drumline has been a dominating force in DCP-I for the past couple of seasons. Scores don't lie and neither do the caption awards. This year is no exception. This drum book is more challenging than anything I've ever seen and these very talented members are completely in focus on it. It is already sounding like July and It's only May. The DCP-I community will be in shock when this hits the field."

Color Guard Caption Head: "This colorguard is trying to uphold a very good reputation from years past. There are a ton of guard trophies in the case at Conquistador Hall and I feel that we can substantially add to it."

Visual Staff: "I have taught for many bands and small drum corps but I have never seen work ethic llike this. This is the most dedicated group of people I have ever dealt with. They all have a common goal, winning. I am doing my part by giving them a great visual package."

Corps President: "The Conquistadors are celebrating their 5th season this year. In our first season we performed in the VCL circuit and were nothing. We won a high brass trophy at one show that year with only 3 corps in it. Since then this corps has matured a whole lot and I am very proud of it. The numbers are down a bit from last year and I believe that we are the smallest corps in Division 1. We really should be in Division 2 with our numbers but the members took a vote and decided to stay up. They all have the confidence to make it happen. The combination of this show, staff, and member base as well as the new senior corps, The Matadors cheering us on will make this a very prosperous season."