Mellophone Audition Material

OwA

Howdy... I plan on auditioning for magic on mello this summer but I'm not sure what to use for audition music... anyone have any ideas?

I'll answer like I did in another post about a bari audition...

First, be sure that you must have a prepared piece. Many corps do not require you to play a piece like in a formal audition. Some corps staffs will simply listen to you play basic things like scales and long tones, and then maybe listen to you play their music as the season progresses.

Don't waste your time on a piece if you don't have to. Work on your tone quality, which at this stage of the game is probably the most important element in a brass player.

If you already have contacted Magic, and you are certain that you must have a prepared piece, then forgive my post.

Thanks for the clarification. I would edit my post and remove most of it, but, I will leave it in case someone that wants to audition for a different corps reads it...they might not have to have a prepared piece.