1990 Star of Indiana

Was going back through some old tapes and came across Star's show in 1990.

WOW! To be honest, I prefer this show much more than their Championship in '91. The hornline was just about the best I have ever heard...and so #### powerful!!!

And the ending to this program still gives me goosebumps. I went out and listened on Season Pass and had to turn the volume back just a bit...ear drums started to bleed!

It must have been pretty amazing for the staff/members that year to break in the top 3....knockin' off such power houses as the Blue Devils, Santa Clara, and Phantom Regiment.

I would love to hear any feedback on this truly amazing year for a much missed corps!

-Lance

It is truly incredible. One of the best brass books ever written. It has everything I look for in a drum corps show: speed, power, dynamic contrast, emotion, precision, and topped off by a huge chorale at the end. What could be better? Definitely one of the most underrated shows in DCI history. More shows like this need to be put on the show today...this is drum corps. And I definitely prefer it to their five-minutes-of-nothing-above-mezzo-piano 1991 book.

Was going back through some old tapes and came across Star's show in 1990.

WOW! To be honest, I prefer this show much more than their Championship in '91. The hornline was just about the best I have ever heard...and so #### powerful!!!

And the ending to this program still gives me goosebumps. I went out and listened on Season Pass and had to turn the volume back just a bit...ear drums started to bleed!

It must have been pretty amazing for the staff/members that year to break in the top 3....knockin' off such power houses as the Blue Devils, Santa Clara, and Phantom Regiment.

I would love to hear any feedback on this truly amazing year for a much missed corps!

-Lance

w/Stp:

Boy, you're right on the money on this one in my book! To this day one of the most memorable shows I've ever seen, can't even descibe what it was like seeing it for the first time. It was at a show in Balcksburg Va down at Virginia Tech and I'd have to say the majority of the crowd wasn't what you would call "die-hards". Alot of Mom and Pops and High School kids. Most were taken back by the uniforms and some of the props at first (colorful to say the least and the helmets took a little getting used to) and didn't know what to expect. Then they hit the opening statement and never let go. The crowd went completely nuts and by the end all I could do was just sit there with awe at what I had just seen and heard. That show for me ranks right up there with BD 84 and Madison 95 for truly blowing me away and reminding me why I got hooked on Corps in the first place. My compliments to anyone who was involved with that show!

Easily my favorite Star show. Great on so many different levels. Seeing it live in Rice Stadium is why I decided I had to march drum corps.

Hey Ben......that was my first time seeing Star! Finals 90.......and that's when I decided to fly to Star rather than driving 20 minutes to march with Cadets.....

Hard, Hot and Hard..........

I lost about 18 pounds that year........

Most of us were dehydrated by the end of the summer.

Lots of passion from the entire corps was in that finals performance.....

Medea kicked our butts for most of the season, but I can tell you that we kicked Medea's butt towards the end.

PLUS, add the factor that I was part of the I+E Brass Ensemble (we won, 100.0 perfect score.......sorry, I had to add that)........

We had about 20 minutes to eat and the rest of our meal breaks were dedicated to rehearse the I+E piece.........

That's why I hate to hear about people saying Star had it easy........

Line up and try and fill these shoes.

:)