A few thoughts on Woodburn.

"Sherwood Forest" still there?

They don't have the show at Legion Field anymore, it's at the high school.

I wish they wouldn't do the narration though. I like to interpret the show myself, and not have someone explain it to me. Narration is a distraction no matter how "tasteful" it may seem to be.

I know this is going to be what most people focus on because of the controversy. I couldn't agree with you more. It seems like the cascades design staff is completely in the clouds if they think that this is going to be widely accepted. I'm a cascades fan but this year's show was embarasing in my opinion and narration is not needed. They need to open their eyes up and realize that just because the CAN, doesn't mean they SHOULD. You gotta go with what is widely accepted and when it comes to narration, there are 3 categories: People who say that we need to "give it a chance", people who can't stand it, and people who either don't care or are willing to put up with it. But WHY TAKE THE CHANCE? You KNOW that at least SOME of the fans will disapprove, so why even go there? <sigh> :(

I think they chose to go a separate way this year because they didn't want to become predictable. I respect them for pushing the envelope and daring to be different. The guard outfits... I gotta say... are a little risque especially when most of the gals are pretty busty, and I think the exposed bra was tacky. I did like the fact that they were wearing dog tags, and the outfits looked more like futuristic flight attendants, which is the direction I hope they were going for. I thought the 'scades were awesome, VERY LOUD, very dynamic. I read your post before on how they should spread it out a little more, not just keep it between the 35's, and I think you had a very valid point. At points, it seemed a little bunched up, but I'm sure that's something they'll work on. I heard one of the judges mention something like that (I was the runner for the judges at the Cascades home show) so we'll probably see quite a lot of improvement come World Champs. I thought that the idea for the construction of the plane was awesome, the kite planes were a little tough to understand at first, but I really liked how they showed victory at the end of the song, it was very uplifting. All in all, I gotta say, it's a pretty darn good show, but that's just me (the Cascades groupie, lol) talking, I'm no judge here. :)

I think they chose to go a separate way this year because they didn't want to become predictable. I respect them for pushing the envelope and daring to be different. The guard outfits... I gotta say... are a little risque especially when most of the gals are pretty busty, and I think the exposed bra was tacky. I did like the fact that they were wearing dog tags, and the outfits looked more like futuristic flight attendants, which is the direction I hope they were going for. I thought the 'scades were awesome, VERY LOUD, very dynamic. I read your post before on how they should spread it out a little more, not just keep it between the 35's, and I think you had a very valid point. At points, it seemed a little bunched up, but I'm sure that's something they'll work on. I heard one of the judges mention something like that (I was the runner for the judges at the Cascades home show) so we'll probably see quite a lot of improvement come World Champs. I thought that the idea for the construction of the plane was awesome, the kite planes were a little tough to understand at first, but I really liked how they showed victory at the end of the song, it was very uplifting. All in all, I gotta say, it's a pretty darn good show, but that's just me (the Cascades groupie, lol) talking, I'm no judge here.  :)

I'll give them that much. They did "pushing the envelope and dare to be different" and for that I guess you have a point. Here are my opinions on what I would do to improve the show if I was the director......

- Spread them out a little more. Change a few drill sets so its not so jumbled in spots.

- Paint the props silver.

- Change the guard uniforms to stuardess and pilot uniforms or something more easily associated with the theme of flight while loosing the neon color scheme.

- Replace all the kites accept the one. It should be the one focal point kite but only at that one spot where there was just the one.

- Nix the narration and put it in the program instead. (pretty please)

- add a nice phatty battery feature (ok maybe this is asking too much, but it would be cool :P )