Same judge for consecutive big shows?

Four of the 9 judges who judged Murfeesboro on Friday night are also judging Saturday night at Indianapolis. Is that really the best thing?? It is doubtful that the corps are going to make/introduce any major changes from Fri. to Sat. (although possible), and the only variance is how well they perform on the two nights. The judges are human, and chances are that if the performances between the two nights are comparable, the judge is going to have a high tendency to produce very similar results and have a similar opinion. The judge is certainly going to carry their opinion about the arrangements/design/and effectiveness of the written program from one night to the next, but a "new face' may have a different opinion the next night. Having nearly half of the same panel on back to back nights for the same corps does not foster movement or growth. On the other hand, I feel they should have a completely new panel, and perhaps some judges that have not seen the corps for a few weeks or more. A "fresh' look, and perhaps not necessarily the same opinions as the night before, seems to make more sense, especially for 2 of the biggest shows of the year on consecutive nights.

chances are that if the performances between the two nights are comparable, the judge is going to have a high tendency to produce very similar results and have a similar opinion.

Well, unless you think the scores are completely wrong, then comparable performances SHOULD have similar scores.

I do see your point, but I think it can work both ways. Returning judges may see better or worse individual performances, they may notice something they didn't the night before. If you have new judges in, you could see a completely different set of results. You're right, they are human, and each one brings in their own unique view of how to see things.

Personally for me, while I value having a new and unique view, I like having the same judges on back to back nights. That way if I didn't feel I had my best performance the first day, I can try and show them better on the second.