OC captures 2nd in Georgia despite crappy field!

I believe they are staying on the corner of 5th Place & Humility Ave.

:feednotroll:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely not cool.  These are just fans/parents that are proud of their Corps just as you and I are.  One thing all of us should agree on is that all of these kids are awesome, and should bow their heads to no one.  Off my soapbox.

You're right, very not cool! Thanks for defending the OC DCI-DadX2. Some people lose touch with the fact that all these corps work their butts off to get to where they are today.

This is the OCs first year in Div II and they've accomplished a lot in their short history. They have overcome a number of set backs to put a very entertaining show on the field. Scores and winning are great, but if you bore your audience, you've missed the point of this activity, which is to entertain. I've sat through some pretty boring "winning" performances in my many years in drum corps, especially in Div II/III.

I was in Hornell, NY last night, and one corps had the crowd on their feet, clapping with the music. They didn't win by points, but they were easily the most popular and sent a lot of people home with a memorable experience. In Denver last year, this same corps put on one of my favorite shows of the year and we chose to go to this show because of them.

The OC may not win a championship this year, but I know they have a lot of fans out there because they definitely entertain.

Oh relax. It was in jest.

You're right, very not cool! Thanks for defending the OC DCI-DadX2. Some people lose touch with the fact that all these corps work their butts off to get to where they are today.

This is the OCs first year in Div II and they've accomplished a lot in their short history. They have overcome a number of set backs to put a very entertaining show on the field. Scores and winning are great, but if you bore your audience, you've missed the point of this activity, which is to entertain. I've sat through some pretty boring "winning" performances in my many years in drum corps, especially in Div II/III.

I was in Hornell, NY last night, and one corps had the crowd on their feet, clapping with the music. They didn't win by points, but they were easily the most popular and sent a lot of people home with a memorable experience. In Denver last year, this same corps put on one of my favorite shows of the year and we chose to go to this show because of them.

The OC may not win a championship this year, but I know they have a lot of fans out there because they definitely entertain.

Oh yea of little faith! My prediction......OC takes it all w/ a 95.324, and the fan entertainment value will be off the scale! By the way, I hear that they have a very cool trailer!

No sweat, Center X...We are all havin' fun,

and I qoute

"God, I love these kids!" :P

I believe they are staying on the corner of 5th Place & Humility Ave.

You might be right. If that is where they finish, I say the :huh::worthy: Oregon Crusaders :huh::huh: have everything to be proud of, as do whatever corps finishes in fourth or sixth or first or last.

I was there last year when Jersey Surf "took the penalty" and it was a moment I will never forget. They proved by action that it's not all about what place you finish, it's not all about the gold, silver and bronze. It's about musicianship, showmanship, teamwork and the joy they give themselves and the audience.

I am so proud of my son and the part he plays in OC, but when I watch the corps play I almost *never* know where he is on the field. I am so busy taking in the sights and sounds of the whole experience. Sure, I love him, well, like a son, :huh: but I also know it's a team effort. Am I the only one like this? (You would think it would be impossible to lose him because that horn is so big it blocks the sun, but there are 9 others just like it...and I had the same problem when he played sax in highschool.)

Just once, before finals, I am going to try and follow him with my eyes (and camera?) the whole show. But I have never been able to do it before. Not in four years of band, and not in this, his third year of DCI and OC. Something always happens..."oh, look at Chris! He shouldered his horn and is about to.....mmmmm! Rifles!"

I loved the very first full runthrough I saw in Vancouver, Washington; I'll love the last show I see at Div 2/3 championships. No matter how they finish, I'll be easy to find; I'll be the dad in the stands wiping the tears of joy from his eyes.

....Just once, before finals, I am going to try and follow him with my eyes (and camera?) the whole show. 

Try it with 2 on the field. My daughter in the past would bleach her hair. Very easy to find. Not this year. That and the fact that they've joined a much bigger Corps, and I lose them easy. Never have taken many photos at their shows though. Just can't bring myself to watch a show through a viewfinder. Less than 2 weeks of this fun left and we're back to waiting for the season to start up again.

Definitely not cool.  These are just fans/parents that are proud of their Corps just as you and I are.  One thing all of us should agree on is that all of these kids are awesome, and should bow their heads to no one.  Off my soapbox.

DITTO!!!

Some judge told OC he didn't think they knew what they were doing?!?!!

So they quietly went back to their rehearsal and after donning their uniforms, the vets slipped THEIR DIV III CHAMPIONSHIP!! rings on their fingers and showed GA judges they DO know what they're doing.

Nothin' wrong with a little pride!!

Brass-2nd only to Spartans!! Can't beat that!

Proud OC #1 Flag Mom and not deterred by the naysayers!

You might be right.  If that is where they finish, I say the  :huh:  :worthy: Oregon Crusaders  :huh:  :huh: have everything to be proud of, as do whatever corps finishes in fourth or sixth or first or last.

I was there last year when Jersey Surf "took the penalty" and it was a moment I will never forget.  They proved by action that it's not all about what place you finish, it's not all about the gold, silver and bronze.  It's about musicianship, showmanship, teamwork and the joy they give themselves and the audience.

I am so proud of my son and the part he plays in OC, but when I watch the corps play I almost *never* know where he is on the field.  I am so busy taking in the sights and sounds of the whole experience.  Sure, I love him, well, like a son,  :huh: but I also know it's a team effort.  Am I the only one like this?  (You would think it would be impossible to lose him because that horn is so big it blocks the sun, but there are 9 others just like it...and I had the same problem when he played sax in highschool.)

Just once, before finals, I am going to try and follow him with my eyes (and camera?) the whole show.  But I have never been able to do it before.  Not in four years of band, and not in this, his third year of DCI and OC.  Something always happens..."oh, look at Chris!  He shouldered his horn and is about to.....mmmmm!  Rifles!"

I loved the very first full runthrough I saw in Vancouver, Washington; I'll love the last show I see at Div 2/3 championships.  No matter how they finish, I'll be easy to find; I'll be the dad in the stands wiping the tears of joy from his eyes.

Hey there, Dave ...it's Samantha Harts' mom. I thought that was you even before you wrote Chris' name in your text. Boy did I mean to stir up all this bru-ha-ha just by talking about a football field?

I'm SOOOOOO Happy to hear that my "adopted son" is having a successful summer with the OC! I say adopted, cause that's how we feel. He plays in the pit and his parents will be seeing him perform soon. It will be their first drum corps show ever. I am glad we talked them into going to see him perform! Can't wait to get a report from them.

My husband and I have helped sponsor Carl to march in the OC, and am excited to be going to see them in Providence! Woo hoo! Can't wait. I've never seen them perform.

We'll be taking plenty of pictures for all y'all and posting them when we get back!

Anyway...just wanted to show our support! Go OC! :worthy:

Edited by Lancerlady