Drum Corp On LI?

I've heard from a number of people that someone or a couple people are trying to bring DCA back to Long Island...??  For me and a good number of people, this would be a great thing!

Well...in case your interested, there IS a DCA Minicorps on Long Island called the West Sayville Golden Eagles. Although a Fire Department parade Drum & Bugle Corps, we ARE the DEFENDING 2004 DCA MINI CORPS CHAMPIONS, and will be in Scranton on Labor Day weekend to defend that title. We will be rehearsing at the West Sayville Firehouse for the next 2 Wednesday nights from 7:30 to 10:00pm if you and your friends are interested in coming to check us out.

For membership information, you can e-mail me directly at FPonzo2255@aol.com, or the Director Donnie Van Essendelft at SVE54@aol.com, or visit our website at www.goldeneagles.org

Hope to hear from you and all of your friends very soon!

Nothing against the Golden Eagles, i've seen them before, being that i am a vol. fireman.... But i am use to bigger corps and bands... and nothing against you either Frank, but we haven't had the best relationship over the last 10 years either... Vic Mencarelli and I have talked that someone(if i could remember his name it would be better) was to try to get a DCA Full Corp back on the island.. and hoping to get it on the field within 3 Years..

The Long Island Marching Arts Association (aka LIMA) is working toward starting a junior drum corps. This year we'll be sponoring an indoor percussion ensemble - RAGE.

Haven't heard about a DCA corps.

The Golden Eagles are a great group...talented, entertaining, and all around good people. Good luck at DCA's this season!

Edited by jimmyd

Nothing against the Golden Eagles, i've seen them before, being that i am a vol. fireman.... But i am use to bigger corps and bands...  and nothing against you either Frank, but we haven't had the best relationship over the last 10 years either... 

Best of luck to you guys getting a DCA corps up and running.Its a very huge challenge and one that is very rewarding.

If I may suggest something,,,please try and work out whatever difference you have with "frank" I have no clue what its about and don't care to know but one thing I can tell you is the corps has to come first over any single member.

One of the great things about corps is that it brings people together from all walks of life.In my corps there is a wide range of personalities to deal with and embrace.

I hope you can put whatever past you have behind you and look forward to a rewarding future in DCA.

Best wishes

CL.

Oh i know, i have had differences with people i have marched with before, and we have ALWAYS put them aside for the better of the corp. Im not saying that Frank is a bad guy, all im saying is that we have had our differences. I can say that if it wasnt for frank pushing me the way he did when i was younger.. i wouldnt have been the all-state player, lead sop/trumpet player, or visual/music tech i am today. and thats why i am interested in working with a dci/dca corp on the island... even working with rage for visual

Oh i know, i have had differences with people i have marched with before, and we have ALWAYS put them aside for the better of the corp.  Im not saying that Frank is a bad guy, all im saying is that we have had our differences.  I can say that if it wasnt for frank pushing me the way he did when i was younger.. i wouldnt have been the all-state player, lead sop/trumpet player, or visual/music tech i am today.  and thats why i am interested in working with a dci/dca corp on the island... even working with rage for visual

WOW.....this is a shock. I really don't know of many people that I have had differences with, except maybe a drummer or 2. And I very much appreciate you saying what you said about me, and extremely happy that I had something to do with your successes!! Maybe you can e-mail me privately and let me know who you are? Or maybe even sign your name to your posts??? Did I teach you at one time? Was it at Copiague? West Babylon? Walt Whitman? You can reach me at FPonzo2255@aol.com

Yeah...I have had my differences with MANY people, but usually not with trumpet players, and it doesn't mean we can't get through this......it all depends on how bad the differences were/are!!! And if this is the only thing preventing you from being part of the Golden Eagles, I would make sure that we put aside our differences (whatever they may be) so you and your friends can be part of this amazing organization!

E-mail me....you have nothing to be afraid of! Especailly if your a trumpet player.....I may have been hard on you at one time because I saw the talent in you, and I always push my students to be better players than I once was!!!

WOW.....this is a shock. I really don't know of many people that I have had differences with, except maybe a drummer or 2. And I very much appreciate you saying what you said about me, and extremely happy that I had something to do with your successes!! Maybe you can e-mail me privately and let me know who you are? Or maybe even sign your name to your posts??? Did I teach you at one time? Was it at Copiague? West Babylon? Walt Whitman? You can reach me at FPonzo2255@aol.com

Yeah...I have had my differences with MANY people, but usually not with trumpet players, and it doesn't mean we can't get through this......it all depends on how bad the differences were/are!!! And if this is the only thing preventing you from being part of the Golden Eagles, I would make sure that we put aside our differences (whatever they may be) so you and your friends can be part of this amazing organization!

E-mail me....you have nothing to be afraid of! Especailly if your a trumpet player.....I may have been hard on you at one time because I saw the talent in you, and I always push my students to be better players than I once was!!!

Hmmm...I just contradicted myself there, didn't I??? LOL