The Magic?

Can anyone tell me anything about The Magic? I'm from Maryland and I'm looking for a drum corps to commit myself to for the next two years. I decided not to go to school for a while and I would really like to move to Florida... I would be auditioning for the pit. I haven't had a chance to see them perform (even though I marched with Jersey Surf in '04.) so I don't wanna go down there and waste my time.

So if anyone could tell me something about it I would really appreciate it :).

Thank you!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It wouldnt be a commute it would be a permanent stay, I just like warm weather and I don't know if I wanna go to cali for SCV/BD/some other corps i couldnt make it into. But I went to the magic's site and noticed they were getting a new director? I dont know, I just want to do Div 1 corps and I want to live in florida :).

they havntt made finals in 2 years

Why would this imply it not to be a good place to spend two years? Personally, I do not like Magic as I have a personal bias against them. I don't wish to get into my reason right now on this board, but having said that I don't think that just because a corps hasn't made finals is a waste of a personā€™s time!

---KMB---

It wouldnt be a commute it would be a permanent stay, I just like warm weather and I don't know if I wanna go to cali forĀ  SCV/BD/some other corps i couldnt make it into. But I went to the magic's site and noticed they were getting a new director? I dont know, I just want to do Div 1 corps and I want to live in florida :).

The Boston Crusaders also have camps in Florida BTW.

---KMB---

Well I still have time to decide, I was just trying to see what people had to say about it.

I would suggest talking to members of past years.

Members of the pit, if possible.

Personally...

I would take The Magic over Boston.

But that's if I were in your shoes.

And the "not making finals in 2 years" comment...

Cadets got a 99.150 with a lame-o-rific show...

The best corps don't always get what they deserve :P

I would suggest talking to members of past years.

Members of the pit, if possible.

Personally...

I would take The Magic over Boston.

But that's if I were in your shoes.

And the "not making finals in 2 years" comment...

Cadets got a 99.150 with a lame-o-rific show...

The best corps don't always get what they deserveĀ  :P

Thats kinda why I posted this on here hoping I would get some feed back from members, maybe last years?