Afraid of the ESPN tlecast

Guest DrumCorpFan
I'm so confused.

DrumCorpsFan ^ I loved your shows!!!

:D

---On topic----

Scared or not, a lot of people are going to watch and come off with a good feeling "I saw DCI on TV" kinda thing.

Oh that Camera last year followed the SCV's guard a lot. Hehehe sex sells. :)

Thanks for the compliment.

Off topic, maybe this will clear up some of the confusion...

The Ancient Order of Turtles is an elite group of people who enjoy life & sharing laughter. There are many branches of turtles across the United States dating back to the 50's. Members can be found in all walks of life- most pronounced with shriners, mansons & elks - alumni & fraternities & sororties. US Presidents, pilots, doctors lawyers & Indian chiefs have been turtles.

All turtles recognize each other by the same password, Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.

Fellowship of turtles share a common bond of friendship - "a turtle is a high minded individual who refuses to allow his or her mind to dwell in the gutter. A quality which may be tested through rigorous questioning & initiation."

The turtle creed: Turtles are bright eyed & bushy tailed fearless & unafraid folks with a fighter pilot attitude. They think clean, have fun a lot & recognize the fact that you have to stick your neck out to get any where worthwild in life.

Membership is free & open to the public. Intiation into The Turtlery involves answering four constitutional questions. You must have a pure & open mind when answerig the questions. All nasty answers are incorrect. Once you answer the questions correctly you will be given the password, Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A. A grave responability goes along with the password. Anytime a fellow turtle asks you "Are you a turtle? (A.Y.A.T.)" you must answer proudly & without hesitation the password in full content. If for any reason you refuse to reply you have to buy that person a drink of their choice.

Are you ready to become a turtle? 

You must answer the four constitutional questions. Remeber you must answer with pure & innocence thoughts.

What are some of the benfits of being a turtle? You get a membership card to pull out & flash around. You get to proudly reply with the password when asked the question. You get to move up in the ranks of respected & honored Order of Turtles when you intiate other turtles. oh joy joy... 

Where can you find other turtles? You may be surprised how many you already know. You just gotta ask. Gosh they are every where- you will wonder how you were so blind to them before. Now that your eyes are open & you have come out of your shell it's a wonderful life being a turtle.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If idiots like Jim Rome are what's worrying people, why worry? 

Because people listen to idiots like Jim Rome.

And I'd bet a couple of dollars his show gets better ratings than the DCI show will get.

Because people listen to idiots like Jim Rome.

And I'd bet a couple of dollars his show gets better ratings than the DCI show will get.

As 2CoolVK pointed out, going to ESPN2 is setting us up for a hit. Some sports media guys will have fun at our expense, like they do the hot dog eating and all the other shows. Expect the jokes. Drum corps will be alien to them.

Do we withdraw because many people won't get it? NO!

Let them make their jokes.

I'm more worried that the DCI show won't get mentioned at all. Maybe we're getting ahead of ourselves.

Peter

The gist of this thread assumes that non-drum corps people will actually watch the broadcast. Don't get your hopes up. With 3,000 other channels out there and 2,000 of those channels showing Seinfeld reruns... well, you get the idea.

The talk around the water cooler isn't gonna be about what happened on DCI last night.

Edited by Eggbert

It really isn't that hard. Anyone who's in a frat or sorority should be able to get it.

And it's not "Young Bethany, You Should Always Indemnify Athletes."

I only have one question, why in the world do they show all the "behind the scenes" stuff? If you want someone to show some interest don't give us 2 minutes of the Devils and then cut to a segment on how much sweat was lost during the show. Say what you will about PBS, all I can say is that I'm glad I had a VCR at the time!

maybe the A.Y.A.T? at the bottom..... in your signature... just a thought... i didnt get it at first either

That's what I meant.

Hey it was late......The sun got in my eyes.......assorted other lame excuses for not making myself clear :P

After seeing the answer to my question I felt kind of dumb.

One of the older and more storied watering holes in Toledo is the "Turtle Club".

I already knew the answer-it just didn't click,

MAN! Senility is a B####!!! :master:

Edited by Bob Brady

I only have one question, why in the world do they show all the "behind the scenes" stuff?

Because it shows the millions of people that have never seen the activity, yet are magically going to tune in, an idea of the entire process of drum and bugle corps. "Behind-the-scenes" is the "IT" thing now. Look at Special Features on DVDs, endless "Making of" shows on television, ESPN taking us into football team training camps, etc.