Pioneer will use AMP's in 2006

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

??????????????????isnt that what i said...people often refer to them as troop...at least i do...and in the 2000 show....well...listen to it, ok? they wont plug in and that was a very very imature, not thought out answer

Yup..I'm sure you know what their mangament has planned..you and Matt Krum are buds, eh? :worthy:

The percussion guys in Casper are the same with you too, right? I am willing to bet that at the least they are not against the idea of amping their pit. Perhaps it is a $$ question at this point..??

But I'm sure you know more than I do.. :music:

By the way its immature..really well thought out. b**bs

I, personally, am not really for the whole amping idea, but I do underestand that maybe within a few years, all Div I's will be having them. :huh:

I think it is great that Pioneer can move on to the "next level" and "amp up".

I'm not saying that amps make you a better corps, I am saying though that with a great corps like Pioneer, it is good to see them try what it might take to truly make them "Better Every Day".

If you read on their site, it does say thatthey are looking for experienced mallet players. Not just fill-ins from other parts of the corps that didn't make the cymbal line or what have you! I defenitely think that is a move in the right direction!

Go Pioneer!

First - Scott Stewart and some other great staff additions

Second- not in last place at quartefinals

Third - Amps

Fourth - who knows where they could be going.

Good job and God Bless!

From www.pioneer-corps.org:

I'm not negative about amped pit at all, but it is quite a change for Pioneer.

And I think Pioneer voted no on AMP's in the past. Not sure though. I think for a corps of Pioneer's size it will be good using some amps.

Yawn. That's not exactly "Breaking News." I imagine lot's of corps will probably opt for amplified pit sooner or later. It's called "not bucking the system." Thank you, Hoppy.

I've been keeping up with what's going on...and amps may be here to stay in the front line but all this gibberish is the fad I'm referring too..drum speaking and gaking and yaking.. :huh: :sshh:

The "GE" of it is a "FAD" and it'll fade...IMO.... :)

Thats what I ment about not keeping up with what is going on. The "...drum speaking and gaking and yaking..." has been going on for several years now. How predominate it is I would imagine will fluctuate, but, I doubt it will go away.

levi

Into microphones it's been going on for years? No, that is what I was referring too. :)

You have your opinion and I have mine...that is all... :) I believe that it will "fade" away...you can only use this to be "effective" then it gets just boring...they will think of something else to annoy us with.. :huh:

Go Pioneer!

First - Scott Stewart and some other great staff additions

Second- not in last place at quartefinals

Third - Amps

Fourth - who knows where they could be going.

Good job and God Bless!

Is Scott Stewart working with Pioneer? I didn't know that. That is really great news for me because I think Scott put on the most entertaining shows in the activity when he was director of the Scouts.

Vic Russell

Could be, we're Irelands corps

hahaha....GO IRISH!!!

Into microphones it's been going on for years? No, that is what I was referring too. :)

That statement dosn't make any sense. What were you referring to?

levi

I was responding to this statement..

Thats what I meant about not keeping up with what is going on. The "...drum speaking and gaking and yaking..." has been going on for several years now. How predominate it is I would imagine will fluctuate, but, I doubt it will go away.

You said, "has been going on for several years now..."

I was talking about the drum speaking and gaking and yaking, that you stated had been going on for several years into microphones. Asking you if that's what you meant and that I was referring to the fact that the drum speaking etc..just started "into microphones" recently..not several years. The microphones, talking blah, blah, blah.. that is what will be a fad is what I'm saying...:)

Edited by Lancerlady