M-A-P-S Winter

*PRESS RELEASE TO ALL DCP FANTASY CORPS DIRECTORS*

The Mid-Atlantic Performance Series would like to announce their 2006 winter season plans. Mr. Smith states in this Announcement:

"I have just finished talking to the administration and we have decided that The Engineers will go to Division 1 Competition and a new corps will be created for Division 2 and a new corps for Division 3. The new corps names are.... The Stake Drivers and Caboose! I believe that these corps will be very successful in the years ahead. Be aware, that Caboose is in no way degreading to the corps, just they are in Division 3 and will be used more for a stepping stone for the younger generation. Now, onto different matters. I am stepping down from being the head arranger for the corps and have hired people who are very good in arranging parts for Horns and Percussion. However, if needed, I will provide my points of view on the parts. We have also figured out our shows for this up-coming winter season."

The Shows are as follows in Division Order.

Division 1:

Potomac River Knights: "The Greatest Adventure of all time: DRAGONBALL"

The Engineers: "From Don Juan to Pancho Villa: The Men of Spanish Lore"

Division 2:

The Stake Drivers: "Love and Tragety: Romeo and Juliet"

Division 3:

Caboose: Come along for the ride: "Around the World in 80 Days"

Senior Division:

The Railroad Workers: "Festivus!"

"We will announce the show's respectable songs and the Corps' Staves in the weeks ahead. Thank You."

*THIS CONCLUDES OUR PRESS RELEASE*

• 1 month later...

*PRESS RELEASE TO ALL DCP-I DIRECTORS AND FANS*

The Mid-Atlantic Performance Series are ready to announce their repretoires for the upcoming 2005-2006 winter season. Mr Smith States:

"For The Potomac River Knights":

1) DB Opener

2) Determination

3) Revenge of Cell

4) Final Goodbyes

5) Surprise intro for next year's show. (more info. on that later)

"For The Engineers"

1) Carmen Introduction

2) Libertango by Astor Piazolla

3) The Swordfight

4) Malaguena

"For The Stake Drivers"

1) Forbidden Romance

2) Tibalt's Rage and Merccucios' death

3) Hidden Anger Awakened

4) Two Lovers

5) Greatest Tradjety Ever Known

"For Caboose"

1) Stars and Stripes Forever

2) Torreador En Garde

3) I think I'm Turning Japanese

4) Aloha!

"For The Railroad Workers"

1) Rocky Point Holiday

2) Fanfare and Allegro

3) Festive Prelude

4) Competition Beginnings

5) Final Duel

6) Rakes of Mallow

• 1 month later...

Mr. Scott Smith, director of M-A-P-S announced today that the finale for the Potomac River Knights will only be performed on Finals night if the corps is fortunate enough to make it there. He states, "I feel this song should be left to show that we will not be a one hit wonder and showcase what we have in store for the next season. However, if the corps wins a few shows, we will perform our Ballad from our 2005 Summer Season "Every Heart" and possibly have the famous "InuYasha Opener" ready if the audience would like one more piece." Also, M-A-P-S have announced that the Railroad Workers will only do select parades until the next competition season for DCP-A. So "Festivus" may possibly be used by a DCP-I representative from MAPS in the upcoming seasons.

• 3 weeks later...

The Mid Atlantic Performance Series has made some changes to their corps look and instrumentation. Mr. Scott Smith states, "We have decided, after numerous problems with the Conn-Selmer Corporation and King Brass that we are leaving them for Dynasty's Brass Program and will be receiving brand new "G" Bugles. We have also announced our schedule and corps lineup for all of our corps except the Railroad Workers on our website."