some old corps memorabilia

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay now my turn, I got this at our 35th annual reunion, somebody just gave it to me! I remembered what it was so I won the prize. Marc Sylvester and George Zingali worked on these flags for our 1986 show at the beginning of the show..here is the flag and a picture from the part of the show we used it in thanks to Malibu!

another27file005.jpg

1986Flag.jpg

Edited by Lancerlady

Okay now my turn, I got this at our 35th annual reunion, somebody just gave it to me! I remembered what it was so I won the prize. Marc Sylvester and George Zingali worked on these flags for out 1986 show at the beginning of the show..here is the flag and a picture from the part of the show we used it in thanks to Malibu!

Gerard (DM 79 & 80) and I went to a rehearsal at the Paul Revere Stadium in 1986 and thought those were stretchers to carry people. We had no idea what to think! I think they were white then.

We were very sad when we saw them, however we didn't know what they were being used for so that may have added to our head scratching!

Wow...I remembered Marc and George going crazy with spray paint on these white canvas', I didn't know where it came from. I had to email Marc to verify my memory and he said yes this was their work. I believe it was at the beginning of the show from "Move on" from "Sunday in the Park with George".

What they did with it uh? Amazing! :huh:

Edited by Lancerlady

#3) The t-shirt..I've gotten bigger and it's gotten smaller..my cat wears it occasionally! :huh:

another27file004.jpg

Steph and I were talking...

if you two were to put a store up on your site, I would be the first to buy that shirt.

~>conner

Steph and I were talking...

if you two were to put a store up on your site, I would be the first to buy that shirt.

~>conner

I actually talked to Stephanie once or twice in the DCP chatroom a good while back and suggested that she start an online store on the 27 website selling 27th Lancer replica memorabilia. You know how SCV recently started selling replicas of the old snareline shirt from the 80's? I think 27 should sell similar kinds of items to fund their alumni association (or some other generous cause). I want a 27th Lancers shirt so bad (I think old-timers forget that people in modern colorguard, especially out East, are aware of and have respect for the 27 colorguard - it's that mid-80's through early-90's "bridesmaid era" of colorguard whom we occasionally poke light fun), but every time I've bid for one that's come up on EBay from time to time, I get outbid right out of my price range :( . I wish someone would get on that.

I had to get some things ironed out with the man in charge (George B.), cause the website is in his name (and the corps, which is one of the same thing if you know what I mean) we just run it for him, but it is looking like we are going to be able to do the store but stay tuned and we'll let you know when we get everything up and running! :)

Edited by Lancerlady