Drum Corps Love

Hello everyone,

I've heard tales of meeting your true love in drum corps, and was just wondering if any of you out there have found that special someone through this great activity.

My current boyfriend and I met after our corps shared a housing site. I smiled at him in the hallway, and as our corps took the field, his was coming off, so (both of us being in the pit), I was able to tell him he had a great show. Well, after the Omaha show, he came over to my truck to introduce himself. We had our first date at a Taco Bell that was across from a stadium at our last show together. Through the great inventions of technology, we were able to stay in contact all summer, and finally get to see each other finals week during the I&E competitions and after my Finals performance. He lives over one-thousand miles away from me, and we got to see each other for the first time since Finals last weekend. It's just crazy how drum corps can bring people together that would've never met had it been for corps.

So, share your stories. I'd love to hear them.

We marched toghether and didn't even talk for almost all of spring training. Then we talked found out we had a lot in common and it went from there. We only live a little bit more then an hour from each other and can see each other about every weekend.

Edited by robot

There have been a number of articles titled "Love Connection" in previous Fanfare columns. I'm always open to more if someone has one they would like to contribute.

Mike

boomike@dci.org