writing cadences..

skewerz

Thats awesome!! i had no idea you can do that! thanks man. but how do you get the bass drum rolls to sound good again? they just make random sounds when you try to roll them

Edited by DaveG

I'm not too sure I understand what you mean?

Sorry i didnt really specify did i? lol. what i was thinking while i was typing the nonsence what, when i made cadences in Finale '05, and i played them in '06, the rolls that i wrote soudes like random percussion sounds. its weird. maybe its just mine? or do you have any idea what might happened

Sorry i didnt really specify did i? lol. what i was thinking while i was typing the nonsence what, when i made cadences in Finale '05, and i played them in '06, the rolls that i wrote soudes like random percussion sounds. its weird. maybe its just mine? or do you have any idea what might happened

Hmmm I didn't have that happen to me. Although as you can see from the images in my previous post I still use Finale 2002. That was the best Finale version. 2003 and beyond are too clunky and not stable at all. Playback is what playback should sound like.

It could be that your settings for instruments in 2005 didn't carry over properly to the 2006 version. It can happen sometimes when going to a higher version of Finale. I would check through the Instrument List and see if it configured it differently.

Hmmm I didn't have that happen to me. Although as you can see from the images in my previous post I still use Finale 2002. That was the best Finale version. 2003 and beyond are too clunky and not stable at all. Playback is what playback should sound like.

It could be that your settings for instruments in 2005 didn't carry over properly to the 2006 version. It can happen sometimes when going to a higher version of Finale. I would check through the Instrument List and see if it configured it differently.

unfortunately, he is right...alot of times to get correct playback, nuances, articulations, one has to re-write the composition/arrangement...there is a poor import format...this sucks, but perhaps cut and paste of individual parts...i have not seen any viable solution on the Finale forums.

unfortunately, he is right...alot of times to get correct playback, nuances, articulations, one has to re-write the composition/arrangement...there is a poor import format...this sucks, but perhaps cut and paste of individual parts...i have not seen any viable solution on the Finale forums.

Yeah thats prolly right. what i dont get, is why cant finale just make it better? they dont really improve on anything from year to year, and what little they do, they take out other things thatw ere great from the previous year's model