Mickey Oyama - Seattle Imperial

Mickey Oyama 1929-2005

It is my sad duty to report of the passing of a truly lovely individual. Mickey Oyama was one of the founding parents of the Seattle Imperials. She was an ever present mother to all of us, whether at rehearsals, camps, or on tour. Her cooking skills were legendary, and she could always be found near by, sewing, cooking, and doing what needed to be done.

The grace, wisdom, and dignity that eminated from her could be seen on the field wherever and whenever the Imperials performed. Mickey helped to develop an organization that would be a good place to help raise her 3 outstanding children. The rest of us were fortunate to be raised up by her as well. We all felt her love, and her influence made us better people.

She will be missed.

Services will be on Saturday, December 4th at 1:30pm

Japanese Presbyterian Church

1801 24th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98144

Map Link:

http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypMap.py?Pyt=Typ&tu...ar:regT:4:fbT:0

Edited by tick ticky tick

:blink:

Hi Steve!

Please pass along my condolences to the family. I never met Mickey, but her reputation was known to many, even me. I knew older ex-Imperials I met while in the service at Ft. Monsoon, and they spoke of her even after they aged out.

Hope you and yours are well, buddy!

Pat