Frontier 2006 Program

FireLogoWEB.jpg

Frontier Drum & Bugle Corps of Dallas, TX has announced their 2006 Production ‘Fire’

Fire is defined/referenced in many ways:

1. A rapid, persistent chemical change that releases heat and light and is accompanied by flame, especially the exothermic oxidation of a combustible substance.

2. Burning intensity of feeling; ardor

3. Enthusiasm. Passion. Liveliness and vivacity of imagination; brilliance

4. A severe test; a trial or torment; Intense, repeated attack

5. To cause to burn; ignite

6. To propel; launch

7. The event of something burning (often destructive); "they lost everything in the fire"

8. For sacred purposes. Rituals. “The sacrifices were consumed by fire”.

Coming off a successful debut season, Frontier has decided to capture the ‘Fire’ of an emerging ensemble through four very different musical styles. While ‘Fire’ doesn’t contain a specific storyline, the audience will be presented with lots of musical and visual cues that bring to life the terms and definitions that ‘Fire’ is known by.

‘Ecstasy’, by Rusted Root, kicks off the production with an Enthusiasm and Passion, rollicking through a groove that will be familiar even if you are unfamiliar with the tune. The second chart comprises three movements from Nicholas Len’s ‘Flamma Flamma: The Fire Requiem’ (Flamma Flamma, In Corpore, Corpus Inimici). The Fire Requiem Suite will take the corps through the very ritualistic use of fire, driving and unique rhythms and ethnic percussion. Next, the corps will slow down to a slow burn with the ballad written by Frank Wildhorn for Linda Eder entitled ‘I Don’t Know How to Say Goodbye’. Destruction, loss, letting the fire/passion burn out, will be the central themes of this song, serving as an antithesis of the Opener. Closing out the program is a selection that is sure to excite any drum corps fan, ‘Fire Dance’ by Allen Vitzutti. Fire Dance ties in all the emotions and energy from the earlier selections and presents fire and passion the way many musicians associate with Spanish jazz.

‘Ecstasy’ – Rusted Root

‘Flamma Flamma: The Fire Requiem’ (Flamma Flamma, In Corpore, Corpus Inimici) – Nicholas Lens

‘I Don’t Know How to Say Goodbye’ – Frank Wildhorn (As performed by Linda Eder)

‘Fire Dance’ – Allen Vitzutti

^0^ I can't wait!!!! ^0^

Figured we would bring that Texas Heat with us in more than one way :)

And we are excited about the DCA-Central Weekend in Minneapolis, just keep those state birds away from our practice site ;)

Here's the lyrics from the song Frontier will be using for our ballad this year. When I read them just now, I was struck by how similiar they are to how I personally felt when I aged out. It could even just be a total parallel with leaving a group of friends like a drum corps at the end of the season - that you've spent many an hour with... and don't want to say goodbye to.

This is really good stuff.

Artist: Linda Eder

Song: I Don’t Know How To Say Goodbye

Music: Frank Wildhorn

Lyrics: Jack Murphy

The leaves must turn

The wind must blow

The heart must learn

When it's time for the heart to let go

But when I think of you

My heart knows why

I don't know how to say goodbye

The world moves on

With no regret

And though you're gone

There are feelings I'll never forget

So I remember you

And though I try

The house we used to share

Still looks as if you're there

And I won't change a single thing

Not even the wedding ring I wear

The evenings fall

Much harder now

The stars grow small

And the moon seems so different somehow

But every time I think of you

The moon and I

Know you're the only reason why

...sigh...

B)

heh, ive known this for a long time, i feel special....woot go texas drum corps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Figured we would bring that Texas Heat with us in more than one way :)

And we are excited about the DCA-Central Weekend in Minneapolis, just keep those state birds away from our practice site ;)

You can forget to pack the humidity when you travel North ..... we have enough thanks ~

A trip to MN wouldn't be complete until you experience the mosquitoes

Humidity? No humidity in Dallas, you are thinking of our sisters down in Houston

This show is a blast to put together so far, and members are really digging it.

Next rehearsal is Feb 11th. We will start offering contracts then :)