New Drum Majors

I have watched the podcast of the BD several times now and I was surprised to see that the assistant DM has never marched before is this a good choice or does it happen a lot in dci ???

PS i am not complaining about the choice just surprised

Johnathan Holmes, their DM for the past 5 (I think) seasons, had never marched before, and he turned out to be pretty good...

I think the same was the case with James Gulke.. he came in as an ADM with no prior marchine experience (except in HS).. Look where he ended up.

Seems this formula works for BD.

Stef

The 2005 drum majors for Phantom Regiment were quite young. I think it might have a lot more to do with leadership than marching experience.....but what do I know!!! :P

James Gulke marched(and was DM, I believe) BDB before moving up to the A corps.

well then I have a bone to pick with that boy.. he told me himself he was brought into the BD organization as an ADM of the A corps (at 15 or 16, no less)..

he's gonna gettt itttt... :ph34r:

Stef

James Gulke marched(and was DM, I believe) BDB before moving up to the A corps.

All the same, he never marched in the corps proper before becoming DM. He was DM in BDB in 92, and DM for the A corps 93-98.

Edited by TTitans909

BD's current head drum major marched Vanguard Cadets before being a rookie backfield DM for BD.