Hey all you guard chics!

dapreacher

Why does it have to be "chicks" ?? Seems to me, I can remember the strength of the Kilties at one time was the presence of males in the colorguard.......... :angry:

~G~

ooops, you're right. :P

However, I didn't see any men come to open house for colorguard...hmm

I don't know, you tell me. Why is it so hard for Kilties to get an ideal sized colorguard???

Good luck with the recruiting!! A couple of years ago CV had a very small guard 8-9 members. Then all of a sudden last year we had 30 new people show up for open house. No clue where they all came from but we were excited. We had a good turn out this year too with some new folks :)

• 2 months later...

:angry: I am not aware of the details but a female once told me that she wanted to march guard when the Kiltie Seniors first started. She was told she could be a cook. Now when they want her she will have nothing to do with them.

I personally think there is a place for all male and all female corps but once you cross that bridge and accept the other sex, you better cross all the way. The hurt of rejection lasts a long time.