MBI 2006

Brent

Wow, what an incredible corps 2006 is going to be for our 60th Anniversary Season! For being 60 years old, this is still a young corps. All sections are looking strong enough to compete with the best drum corps has to offer. The show is going to rock the drum corps world and our Minne-Brass will enter DCA Championships to defend their Mini-Corps Title. We have a lot of fun events planned for corps members, alumni, fans and friends, so watch our website for updates at http://mnbrassinc.org

We are determined to march our largest hornline EVER for the 60th Anniversary. To do this we need YOUR help and your ENERGY! We need DEDICATED and TALENTED trumpet, baritone and euphonium players to commit themselves to one of the most fun summers they will ever spend sweating, learning and meeting new people. Play with one of DCA’s perennial best soloists: Roger Grupp. The hornline sounds great, are you the one to add that additional magic to tour PRESENCE and POWER this summer?

The highlights of our summer tour include:

• traveling to Indy for DCIC championships with some of the best corps in the world

• featured performer in DCI’s Stillwater, MN event (including Blue Devils, Blue Stars and The Cavaliers)

• competing at DCA championships in Rochester, NY.

Did I mention this year’s show? Everybody’s FANTASY, but a horn players DREAM!

• Bill Chase’s Open Wide and Get It On!

• Earth, Wind and Fire’s Fantasy Medley

• Tower of Power’s The Soul of a Child

• Concluding with CHICAGO’s Free

I hope you can muster the energy to come down to Highland Park High School this coming Wednesday (or to our next camp at Eden Prairie HS on March 4) to join the fun and excitement! Become one of the MBI Family.

Contact us about scholarships.

Directions and details can be found at our website,

emailing mbidirector@hotmail.com,

or calling Brent Turner at 612-743-8760.

Edited by Brent

Hornline and drumline played the opener together for the first time last night, this 2 minute tune highlights all of the strengths of this corps! A really fun opening by a recognized and winning soloist, drum grooves and exposures, and blinding fast horn licks. I'll have to assume the guard will be featured as well. It was fun fun fun!

(Maybe this should be moved to the plastic hype thread, eh? What can I say, I'm excited to march this year!)

Wow! That is going to be a fun show to perform! That first tune sounds familiar. Has any other senior corps played it before? ^0^

1972 Beverly Cardinals

1972 Black Knights

1972 Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights

1972 Continental Ambassadors

1972 Racine Scouts

1973 Black Knights

1978 Empire State

1986 Black Knights

1993 Freelancers

Senior and Alumni Corps

1972 Reading Buccaneers

1973 Reading Buccaneers

2003 Syracuse Brigadiers

2004 Syracuse Brigadiers

2006 Minnesota Brass, Inc.

we are not the first and we probably will not be the last. didn't the crossmen have a part of their chase show with Get It On?

create peace,

Brent

1972 Beverly Cardinals

1972 Black Knights

1972 Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights

1972 Continental Ambassadors

1972 Racine Scouts

1973 Black Knights

1978 Empire State

1986 Black Knights

1993 Freelancers

Senior and Alumni Corps

1972 Reading Buccaneers

1973 Reading Buccaneers

2003 Syracuse Brigadiers

2004 Syracuse Brigadiers

2006 Minnesota Brass, Inc.

we are not the first and we probably will not be the last. didn't the crossmen have a part of their chase show with Get It On?

create peace,

Brent

Missing one on that list arn't ya? :laugh:

Holy Crap is the opener fun! b**bs I swung by the end of rehearsal last night on a whim and I'm so stoked! The corps sounded great. It's hard to imagine an opener more accessible, more exciting, more DRUM CORPS than this one. WOO HOOO!!! Summer's coming . . . even to Minnesota B)

Missing one on that list arn't ya? :huh:

yah, I think maybe there was one out west who played it once. :P

Brent is a Scouts alum from back in the day, go figure.

yes, I said 'back in the day' about you Brent :laugh:

hey wait a minute, I'm older than you . . . :sshh:

Wednesday night with the drums was TASTY!

As a member of the drumline this year I can say that the opener this year is AWESOME to play with the hornline. Some seriously tasty beats. :wall: It's kinda tuff to get a good read from behind the hornline but what I could tell (even at the stage of a first complete ensembal run-through), the stadium in Rochester better not be close to a cemetary because we might have a sudden influx of ghostly activity around the stadium! :worthy::wall:

Edited by SnareSoulO

Hornline and drumline played the opener together for the first time last night, this 2 minute tune highlights all of the strengths of this corps! A really fun opening by a recognized and winning soloist, drum grooves and exposures, and blinding fast horn licks. I'll have to assume the guard will be featured as well. It was fun fun fun!

(Maybe this should be moved to the plastic hype thread, eh? What can I say, I'm excited to march this year!)

I hadn't heard Roger's opening solo until last Wednesday's run through with the drums. I can't wait to hear this opening solo in a stadium environment. Roger is just.....well....Roger. Regarding the "blinding fast" horn licks, that's about what I have to do now. Just close my eyes and try to move the fingies as fast as I can. It will be a great challenge to clean and play on the move.